Windows 10: svg files

Discus and support svg files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to know why all of a sudden my downloads for my cricut design space are converting to svg documents and not svg files!! and how can I convert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickiPigman, Aug 28, 2019.

1. svg files

I want to know why all of a sudden my downloads for my cricut design space are converting to svg documents and not svg files!! and how can I convert what I downloaded already from svg documents to svg files for me to be able to use for my cricut design space.

:)

NickiPigman, Aug 28, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

svg files

Hi Johnnie,

Right click an svg file, choose Open With - Choose Another App

At the bottom of the resulting menu, check the box marked, 'Always use this app to open .svg files'

Look for cricut in the list of apps, if it is there, choose that

If it is not there, scroll to the bottom and choose More Apps

If you still cannot find cricut, scroll to the bottom and choose 'Look for another App on this PC'

Locate the cricut program in either C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

Then click OK

That will reset the file association on svg files . . .

DaveM121, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Using Paint.net with SVG Files

Hi eyore15

Select the SVG file thats now associated with IE.

Right click it

Click Properties

Click the General tab

Click Change

Scroll through the list

Choose Paint.NET

Click OK

Click Apply then OK

Paint.NET or any other graphics program you choose that can open SVG files should become the default.

Andre for Directly, Aug 28, 2019
  4. eyore15 Win User

svg files

Using Paint.net with SVG Files

I recently began a program called "Doodly". It lets me create videos using drag-and-drop. It means I have to use "SVG" files. I've opted to use Paint.net with the SVG plugin.

How can I change the file association for SVG to Paint.net?

When I check file associations, SVG is associated with Edge. Every effort to change the association to Paint fails.

With the association set to Edge, the thumbnail of the SVG image is the Edge icon - not the actual image thumbnail. What I end up with is a series of files with identical image/icon. It's impossible to determine what specific image is/are available.

This is the icon displayed in SVG.

svg files 1e909a28-2257-4bdf-85f9-264ef2c05467?upload=true.jpg

This is the icon for the same file displayed as a JPG file [before conversion to SVG].

svg files 32cf9772-eb41-49cf-ba97-71f52f8ea586?upload=true.jpg

I need to be able to see the actual SVG image just as I can with the jpg file.

Any suggestion on how to achieve this goal is appreciated.

FYI, I am not tied to Paint.net . If there's a better option, I'm willing to change. My preference is to NOT go with a full-service program [i.e., Inkscape or Gimp] unless it is really necessary.

eyore15, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

svg files

1. svg files - Similar Threads - svg files

2. How to show svg image in file explorer WITHOUT installing Powertoys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show svg image in file explorer WITHOUT installing Powertoys?: Just as the title says. Why isn't this supported natively without having to keep installing apps for basic functions?? I am trying to limit the processes that are running on my computer and not to keep adding more for basic user function.It is sad that basic functions...
  3. How to show svg image in file explorer WITHOUT installing Powertoys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show svg image in file explorer WITHOUT installing Powertoys?: Just as the title says. Why isn't this supported natively without having to keep installing apps for basic functions?? I am trying to limit the processes that are running on my computer and not to keep adding more for basic user function.It is sad that basic functions...
  4. A common file extension .svg is missing from my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A common file extension .svg is missing from my new laptop: So, I just got a new laptop yesterday, and in the process of installing my apps and testing them out, I found that .svg files, "Scalable Vector Graphics", aren't being recognized properly.I can open them, but not directly. I can't double-click a file to open it, or any other...
  5. A common file extension .svg is missing from my new laptop

A common file extension .svg is missing from my new laptop: So, I just got a new laptop yesterday, and in the process of installing my apps and testing them out, I found that .svg files, "Scalable Vector Graphics", aren't being recognized properly.I can open them, but not directly. I can't double-click a file to open it, or any other...
  6. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  7. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  8. Cannot change default app for .SVG files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change default app for .SVG files.: In windows 11, I cannot change the default app for .SVG files. I do not have this problem with any other file type i have come across yet. When I try right clicking and open with, I only have the option to open with "Just Once" there is NO "Always" option. File Properties...
  9. Cannot change default app for .SVG files.

Cannot change default app for .SVG files.: In windows 11, I cannot change the default app for .SVG files. I do not have this problem with any other file type i have come across yet. When I try right clicking and open with, I only have the option to open with "Just Once" there is NO "Always" option. File Properties...
  10. Cannot change default app for .SVG file only

Cannot change default app for .SVG file only: In Windows 11, I cannot change the default app for .SVG file BUT can change the default app for any other file type using any of: "right click file > Open With", or "Settings > Apps > Default Apps" or "File Properties using CHANGE button". BUT for .SVG file: Open With only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i change the tab title in a svg file

2. where did my svg files go in windows 10