Windows 10: SVGA cable backward compatible to VGA components?

Discus and support SVGA cable backward compatible to VGA components? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I need 25 feet long VGA with 3.5mm audio cable but it seems SVGA, not VGA, is almost all that is left to buy. So, is the SVGA cable backward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by axelrose1969, Jul 7, 2017.

1. SVGA cable backward compatible to VGA components?

I need 25 feet long VGA with 3.5mm audio cable but it seems SVGA, not VGA, is almost all that is left to buy.

So, is the SVGA cable backward compatible and will work, and pins will fit, to my VGA component needs?

Not just software and Windows TEN but also things like TV's and DVD external players?

Thanks!

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I tried to decide on one but I just couldn't really find which one, please move the topic to the appropriate forum and send me a note rather than deleting it as happens every time
    , please that would be so kind*Smile, thanks..

:)

axelrose1969, Jul 7, 2017
  2. Keller49 Win User

Dell SVGA Monitor does Not Work

W/10 does seem to support my Dell SVGA monitor with my Dell laptop. Cable connection is SVGA (display) to USB2 (laptop)

Keller49, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Keller49 Win User
    W/10 - Dell SVGA Display does not work

W/10 does NOT seem to support my Dell SVGA monitor with my Dell laptop. Cable connection is SVGA (display) to USB2 (laptop)

Keller49, Jul 7, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

SVGA cable backward compatible to VGA components?

As far as I know, there is no such thing as an SVGA cable. VGA cables all use 15 pin mini D connectors (3 rows of 5 pins). Maybe the maker says "SVGA" to suggest that it'll support higher resolutions than the traditional VGA (640X480), but the pinouts would be the same.

In other words, any VGA cable should be compatible, but they may vary in quality. Whether 25 feet is long enough to require an extra high-quality (shielded) cable, I don't know.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Not just software and Windows TEN but also things like TV's and DVD external players?". Do you have a TV with a VGA input port? (My Samsung KS8000 has only HDMI, USB, and one Ethernet port. It also does WiFi.)

I have never seen a DVD player with a VGA connection. The older ones have component or even composite video. The current standard is HDMI. (HDMI 2.0a for 4k BluRay with HDR.) I haven't seen every DVD player ever made, but I wouldn't expect VGA.

bobkn, Jul 8, 2017
  5. Mystere Win User
    Are you sure you don't mean SVideo? Which is a round, circular connector that does analog video? These are definitely not the same as VGA cables. Might help if you posted a link to what you're talking about.

Mystere, Jul 8, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    SVGA cable would be backwards compatible to a VGA cable.

However there are two main types of plugs/sockets the 15 pin D-sub, and DVI-I.
    Some older TVs may have 15 pin D sub VGA/SVGA connection, DVD players won't.

VGA/SVGA is now a legacy analogue video connection for about 2 years or so. New stuff will be digital as in HDMI or DisplayPort.
    VGA connector - Wikipedia
    Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SVGA cable backward compatible to VGA components?

1. SVGA cable backward compatible to VGA components? - Similar Threads - SVGA cable backward

2. Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?: I'm trying to see if I can use my windows 11 Product key to install windows 10? I've been told Mixed things about this.Thank you,Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-product-keys-backwards-compatable/e48aeb66-cba6-4830-aa73-00b6b601fe9b
  3. Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?: I'm trying to see if I can use my windows 11 Product key to install windows 10? I've been told Mixed things about this.Thank you,Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-product-keys-backwards-compatable/e48aeb66-cba6-4830-aa73-00b6b601fe9b
  4. HDMI to VGA cable issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  5. Double headed VGA cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Double headed VGA cable: Got this double headed VGA cable and plan on putting the single head into the GPU while putting one of the double heads in the PSU, can i do that? like so: [ATTACH] 167208
  6. usb-c to vga cable

usb-c to vga cable: The USB - C to VGA cable isn't working - no display on monitor ? I bought this because the description said I didn't need to download a driver? can you help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-vga-cable/d86e7ac4-ef56-423b-aa50-e72fc929ef4a
  7. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port. It works fine until i update windows 10. Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound...
  8. backward compatibility

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    backward compatibility: I am reviewing my order list that includes a 3D printer and many traders are not guaranteeing backward compatibility testing with operating systems. I currently use Windows 10 Home, investing in a laboratory requires more money or investment. Sourced from www.ebay.co.uk,...
  9. Troubleshooting USB 3.1 backward compatible cabling issues.

Troubleshooting USB 3.1 backward compatible cabling issues.: My new self built computer has USB 2.0, USB 3.1 A and C ports. Windows 10 64bit, MSI SLI Plus motherboard I have an external RAID with a USB 3.0 B port that works on a HP laptop W7 64bit and works on a W7 desktop with an Asus MB. Using the same USB 3.0 A to B cable, the...
  10. Can't detect VGA cable

Can't detect VGA cable: Hello, i have a custom built PC and an LG monitor plugged in already for a while with HDMI. Now i got a second monitor (Dell) with VGA cable but Windows 10 says it can't detect the second monitor Any help? - Graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4G - Thanks in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is svga backward compatible with vga?