Windows 10: SVGA second display issue Intel Mobility HD3650 incorrect resolution

Discus and support SVGA second display issue Intel Mobility HD3650 incorrect resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Greetings all, first-time member (hope I posted this in the right place and in accordance with the social norms of this community) I apologize for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by PrometheusPB, May 4, 2019.

1. SVGA second display issue Intel Mobility HD3650 incorrect resolution

Greetings all, first-time member (hope I posted this in the right place and in accordance with the social norms of this community) I apologize for any perceived literary mania, but Windows sometimes makes me insane with the episodic crusades that I have to go through just to do something as simple as opening a directory LOL. *Huh

But to preface this in a more serious manner, I have just acquired a "rescue" HDTV that I want to casually use as my secondary display, and it seems to be perfectly functional (possibly discarded simply because of an upgrade), and it seems to be in good working order by every means from which I can test it by, so I am assuming that there is no known dysfunction within the HDTV itself. It's greatest defect is a slight bruising of the LCD matrix that only shows up on the blue scale, but otherwise barely-observable and not relevant to this issue, with the given exception of a curious "burn-in" from one of my displays that is beyond coincidence, as I can see icons that only I would have arranged that way, but only in the far-right of the screen. *Think

I have two similar machines with two separate issues (or should I have a thread for each? If so, then let's assume the first one...I'll call it "T61", and the second is "T500", but they are close cousins of each other). I posted these issues together in case someone might see a relative issue between both of these machines.

On one of my Lenovo laptops ("T61") with only an integral video card, it can mirror the display (after cherry-picking resolutions in Windows display settings), yet there is an apparent "zoom" (projected video borders are outside of the viewable area of the HDTV display). Is there a registry hack where I can manually code a specific resolution so that I can potentially match the HDTV and mirror the primary display perfectly? I can calculate a relative 16:9 resolution, I just want to match the resolution so that no "real estate" of the display is lost. Is there a way to make this work, as the display drivers from Windows are essentially inept at managing displays.

On the second machine ("T500", before poly-mimetic alloys were created to go back in time to stop Sarah Connor), plugging in the SVGA to the HDTV results in a black display (actively displaying black, no data) yet the mouse driver appears to work because I have a functional cursor arrow (essentially a mouse over a black screen with no content). It appears as if Explorer has not loaded, but on the HDTV the mouse is not visible even if the display is extended for the ONE time I was able to access display settings. My question for this one is whether it is possible that this video card may be damaged, or is it a driver issue? This video card can run OpenGL 3.1, yet the drivers from MS actively disable it and Intel has censored any driver that could support it on this card as if it was critically-sensitive government information regarding the existence of The Matrix or something...Am I just dealing with a crippled video card, or is this actually a driver issue, as I suspect?

Any help on this is very much appreciated, and I promise you that I didn't have to cram any smoke back into anything just to make this post. *Biggrin*really

:)

PrometheusPB, May 4, 2019
  2. Keller49 Win User

Dell SVGA Monitor does Not Work

None of the suggestions worked.

Even depressing the Windows key & W did nothing.

Had no issues moving from W7 to 8 to 8.1.

Why not W/10?

Still looking for a solution.

Keller49, May 4, 2019
  3. Keller49 Win User
    W/10 - Dell SVGA Display does not work

W/10 does NOT seem to support my Dell SVGA monitor with my Dell laptop. Cable connection is SVGA (display) to USB2 (laptop)

Keller49, May 4, 2019
  4. SVGA second display issue Intel Mobility HD3650 incorrect resolution

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 4, 2019
Thema:

SVGA second display issue Intel Mobility HD3650 incorrect resolution

1. SVGA second display issue Intel Mobility HD3650 incorrect resolution - Similar Threads - SVGA second display

2. Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect: I am trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor. However when I do so, my laptop Identified as 1 appears much larger then the additional monitor Identified as 2. However, in actuality the external monitor is larger then the laptop red drawing. This is causing my icons...
  3. Display resolution issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution issues: Hi all At my wits end! I came home yesterday to find my screen resolution had altered presumably during an automatic update or alternatively a power cut. I have a 24 inch monitor which handles a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The maximum showing on the device manager display tab...
  4. Second monitor resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor resolution issues: Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My...
  5. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  6. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  7. Issues with display resolution

Issues with display resolution: My screen resolution seems to randomly change from 1920 x 1400 to 1600 x 1200. The former is scaled to fit my monitor, but the latter is what I am currently dealing with and as can be seen using OBS, there is a large portion of the display that is black, but does not show up...
  8. Display resolution issues

Display resolution issues: The normal display resolution for my computer screen is 1920 x 1080. Lately, for reasons I can't fathom, I'll wake the computer up and the resolution will have changed to 1680 x 1050. This produces a stretched, kind of squashed appearance. When I go to Display Settings, the...
  9. display resolution issue

display resolution issue: ok so ive looked ofr answers everywhere and tried a variety of things like removing drivers and re instaling them and making sure my graphics driver is up to date etc. nothing is working. my problem is this. when my computer boots up while connected to my big tv (48" samsung...
  10. Display Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Resolution Issue: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my Dell Inspiron N411z running Windows 10 TP 10130. The screen resolution is very off and everything is bloated. I tried going into both Settings and Control Panel and neither could fix the issue. Do you think this may be a driver issue?...