Windows 10: Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

Discus and support Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; “Svchost” getting a ton of theses showing in task manager as well as permissions for security managment granted to, EVERYONE, RESTRICTED, ALL... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Blkfrmwstdwn, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

“Svchost” getting a ton of theses showing in task manager as well as permissions for security managment granted to, EVERYONE, RESTRICTED, ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES, ACCOUNT UNKNOWN s-1-15-3-1024-etc...... Im almost certain that somehow remotely or wirelessly im hacked! HELP

:)

Blkfrmwstdwn, Aug 29, 2020

2. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application

Hello Rob,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with the application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Amuzeini” replied on December 22, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “SE. Mohammed” replied on June 2, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 2012

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Cathy Kong” replied on May 12, 2010 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

1. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone - Similar Threads - Svrhost permissions granted

2. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  3. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  4. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  5. how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music

in Cortana
    how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music: how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-permission-to-cortana-to-itunes-music/288c2406-cd69-4db6-b2b7-9879d581e6d2
  6. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  7. Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?

Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?: Hello, I am having some trouble understanding network share permissions. I think I screwed by default settings up. I want to give read-only access to a folder so my family members can access my photos, videos etc on the LAN. I don't want to give write permissions for...
  8. Any security risks with granting everyone permissions to create symbolic links?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any security risks with granting everyone permissions to create symbolic links?: Why is the ability to create symlinks in windows restricted to administrators? And are there any security risks in granting that permissions to all users?...
  9. granting permission to attach pdf to email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    granting permission to attach pdf to email: I am attempting to attach an Adobe pdf to an email and keep receiving message to contact owner or administrator for permission. I am the owner and administrator. At what point do I give myself permission?...
  10. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...