Windows 10: Swap for large dataset

Discus and support Swap for large dataset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I'm working on a large dateset problem and need a very large swap. I have a similar configuration on another machine running RHEL 7 and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hambyte, Feb 26, 2021.

1. hambyte Win User

Swap for large dataset

Hello!

I'm working on a large dateset problem and need a very large swap. I have a similar configuration on another machine running RHEL 7 and it works quite well; however, I need to test similar code on Windows and I'm running into issues.

On RHEL I have a RAID0 on Broadcom raid adapter consisting of four SSDs - totaling 4TB of disk space. I then configure RHEL to use a page file on that virtual drive - and my code can do its thing without issue.

However, on Windows 10, I can't seem to allocate more than 1.7TB of the total 4TB of free space on my array for the swap file. I've tried using the Advanced tab in the performance window AND using the wmic command for creating the new swap and removing the old one on the C drive. The GUI indicates that only 1.7TB is available for swap. The cli command lets me set the correct size I want; however, when Windows boots I get an error that there was a problem with virtual memory and Windows has temporarily set it up.

What am I missing?

The system in question is a 2 CPU Xeon scalable of some kind, has 768MB of physical memory installed, and is running Windows 10 for Workstations.

Would love to learn what I'm doing wrong... or what I might do instead although upgrading physical RAM in the machine is currently not an option?

v/r

Eric

:)

hambyte, Feb 26, 2021

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Johnny5 Win User
    Building Again

I just tried to swap the hard drive for the one you suggested keakar but i purchased rush processing so its already in step 3... *Big Grin Swap for large dataset :D

Johnny5, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Swap for large dataset

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Swap for large dataset

1. Swap for large dataset - Similar Threads - Swap large dataset

2. Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.: Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.I have tried a number of different things and looked through the online answers and Googled online, but have had no luck. Please help!...
  3. Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.: Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.I have tried a number of different things and looked through the online answers and Googled online, but have had no luck. Please help!...
  4. Swap Accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Swap Accounts?: When I first purchased my laptop I created my Microsoft account using a gmail address. Within the last couple of years I signed for an Outlook email address. I would like to make better use of the Outlook account and use it to sign into my laptop and close the account...
  5. Swapping keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping keys: This problem seems almost bizarre. Since I installed a wireless mouse and re-paired my keyboard and mouse I've found that highlighting a single file within a folder and clicking ATL+A to select all the files in the list no longer works. Today I discovered that the function...
  6. Swapped Personalization

Swapped Personalization: Hello, I have 2 Win10 computers, one of which is a laptop. Both have Windows 10. For convenience, I have connected both computers to my monitor, so I can switch between them at any given moment. However, something funny happened on my main computer, the stationary model...
  7. Swapping to ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping to ssd?: I am currently running a system with Linux running on my m.2 nvme and Windows is running on my hdd. Is it possible to have both running on the one ssd and if so how can i move the windows installation to the ssd? submitted by /u/AyeYoItsMateo [link] [comments]...
  8. @ and " suddenly swapped

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    @ and " suddenly swapped: For some reason in the last couple hours my keyboard has decided to switch the @ and " keys and its driving me crazy. Ive searched online and everything i see tells me to check keyboard and make sure its uk and it is. I havent touched any sort of settings today so i have no...
  9. Icons swapping

Icons swapping: I was changing some icons (I've already done it before), when I noticed that the majority of the modifies I made didn't affect the shortcuts at all, even after a few days. The "Properties" window showed me the icon I wanted, but the file in the folder didn't. Then, while I...
  10. @ and " swapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    @ and " swapped: This problem was reported in 2012 by a Windows 8 user. My friend has the same problem now with windows 10 and I am now encountering it with Android. None of the solutions previously recommended make any difference. Dos anyone have a more up-to-date solutiom?...