Windows 10: Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

Discus and support Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking to swap the licences on my laptop and desktop. Here are the current configurations: Desktop Originally came with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jscott21, Jul 16, 2019.

1. jscott21 Win User

Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

Hello,

I am looking to swap the licences on my laptop and desktop. Here are the current configurations:

Desktop

• Originally came with Windows Vista
    • Purchased & installed Windows 7 Home via 32bit DVD
    • upgraded through Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Laptop

• Originally came with Windows 8
    • Upgraded to Windows 8.1 via download
    • upgraded through Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 Home

What I am looking to do is have the Laptop switch licence to Windows 10 Pro and the desktop to Windows 10 Home. Would I be able to complete this?

I appreciate any help with this, Thanks!

:)

jscott21, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 Home and Pro Licence Swap

I have a laptop running Windows 10 Home and a desktop running Windows 10 Pro. Can I swap the licences so that the laptop runs Windows 10 Pro and the desktop runs Windows 10 Home?

Thanks,

Alexander

A. Lawrence, Jul 16, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Product key swap

Hi Andre

You can only swap over those licences, if both licences are Retail licences (purchased separately to the PC's), if those licences came pre-installed on those PC's, they do not have transfer rights

If those are retail licences, upgrading the Home SL to Pro will be easy, you can use a generic Pro key, however, downgrading the Pro licence to Home SL will require a full clean install of Windows Home SL

If those licences are retail licences, please let me know and we can go through the steps to swap those over . . .

DaveM121, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers - Similar Threads - Swap Licences between

2. Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.: So I have a PC running OEM win10. I finally want to upgrade to another PC that also has OEM win10. Can I just swap my OS drive? I basically want to upgrade my motherboard and not having to reinstall everything. Thanks....
  3. Swapping windows licences between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping windows licences between computers: Hi, I just got another computer and I would like to transfer the Windows key from my old computer. On the old one, I installed OEM Windows 7 key CD box and upgraded it to Windows 10. Using cmd I checked that my Windows 10 is a retail version, but AIDA64 software showed me...
  4. Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?

Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?: Here is the situation I'm curious about. I'm getting a new computer with standard Windows 10 operating system. My current older computer has Windows 10 pro which is linked to my Microsoft account online. Is it possible to move Windows 10 pro from the old to the new computer...
  5. Swapping MB/CPU between two PC's with digital licences

Swapping MB/CPU between two PC's with digital licences: I have two desktop PCs. One for my office, one for my Son's games. One is an 1151 socket intel CPU the other an 1150 intel. As my office machine is 25% more powerful than the games machine I want to swap over the MB/CPU/memory between them to give my Son some more power...
  6. Digital licence swap between two devices?

Digital licence swap between two devices?: Hello! I have two digital licences Windows 10 Home and Pro retail licence linked to my Microsoft account, both of them in use. On my desktop computer runs the Pro version and on my laptop that I mostly use in a different city, where my University is, since my desktop...
  7. Transferring two licences between three computers

Transferring two licences between three computers: I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would like to move licence I have on lap top, as it's pro version, to new computer and put licence from not working computer to lap...
  8. Swapping hard drives between two computers

Swapping hard drives between two computers: Hello. I have two desktop computers. Both running Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap the hard drives between the computers. Reinstalling windows on my main computer is not an option (do not ask, just take my word for it). As I have two computers, two licenses and the...
  9. Swapping Windows licenses between two computers

Swapping Windows licenses between two computers: I know something like this has been asked before but my question is ever so slightly different First computer AMD desktop, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate original promotional DVD given by Microsoft, I was actually given 5 of these for various project...
  10. Swapping Disks Between Two Computers

Swapping Disks Between Two Computers: For various weird reasons I have the need to swap the hard drives (SSD) between two similar Thinkpads. They are architecturally similar so I'm reasonably sure that after a few routine automatic driver updates both will run fine. Of course, at that point both will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 swap system disks between computers