Windows 10: Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices

Discus and support Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two computers with me, each already installed with a copy of Windows. Both have their product ID and their product key. The first is a HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Henrai, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Henrai Win User

Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices

I have two computers with me, each already installed with a copy of Windows. Both have their product ID and their product key.

The first is a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook with a copy of Windows 10 Home. This operating system was upgraded from Windows 8.1 using the free upgrade in 2015.

The second is a Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet with a copy of Windows RT 8.1. This operating system was already installed when I purchased the tablet.

I will like to have it so that the Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet runs a copy of Windows 10 Home.

This is because I no longer use my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook, as the computer is old and damaged (though still functional) and I will like to use Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet with a copy of Windows 10, instead of a copy of Windows RT 8.1.

Is there a way so that I can have the copy of Windows 10 Home on the Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet?

:)

Henrai, Jun 27, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices

Delicieuxz, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices

1. Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices - Similar Threads - Swap Copies Across

2. One Drive Across Two computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Across Two computers: My wife's laptop and my laptop now show all folders on both computers together. My files and her files are conjoined into one place on file explorer This is not what we want. We want each laptop to have only the files and documents associated with that computer. How do we...
  3. Two copies of a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two copies of a file: I've been getting this following message lately, "You have two copies of a file we couldn't merge the changes ........so we created another copy of it."Understanding this has something to do with Onedrive, I removed that particular backup in there but the annoying message...
  4. Two copies of a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two copies of a file: I've been getting this following message lately, "You have two copies of a file we couldn't merge the changes ........so we created another copy of it."Understanding this has something to do with Onedrive, I removed that particular backup in there but the annoying message...
  5. Syncing across two MS accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing across two MS accounts?: HiI seem to have this situation. I've got Collections on my personal MS account - but they're all my business-related items, not my personal ones. I've got a different set of Collections on my work MS365 Business account - but they're all personal items that should be on the...
  6. One copy Two devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One copy Two devices: Hi. I've been playing a game Sea of Thieves on my Windows 10 device. I installed it on a second computer using the same game copy, and logged out. Whenever I try to play it on my second device, it says "Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current,...
  7. Digital licence swap between two devices?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence swap between two devices?: Hello! I have two digital licences Windows 10 Home and Pro retail licence linked to my Microsoft account, both of them in use. On my desktop computer runs the Pro version and on my laptop that I mostly use in a different city, where my University is, since my desktop...
  8. two copies of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two copies of windows: Whilst setting up my new laptop, I have somehow acquired an extra copy of Windows - now have windows and windows.old on the C drive. Can i delete windows.old without any problems? And how? Thanks for any advice....
  9. File Sharing Across Two PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Sharing Across Two PC's: I have what I hope is a simple question. BUT, first, my setup: I have two PC's, connected by an ethernet cable. So as to not get too complicated, I use those PC's with ONE mouse and ONE keyboard using Mouse Without Borders, a FANTASTIC program that is working well....
  10. Two copies of BOOTMGR???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two copies of BOOTMGR???: Hi I have a simple question which I hope has a simple answer but since it involves BOOTMGR I somehow suspect its not quite so simple as I hope. I have Windows 10 Pro and for some time I've been a little puzzled by the fact that I have a copy of BOOTMGR in both my...