Windows 10: Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

Discus and support Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, I had an Dell XPS 15 laptop purchased many years back. I also had bought windows 10 Pro when it was launched. Now recently I bought an Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kromastorm, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

Hi All,

I had an Dell XPS 15 laptop purchased many years back. I also had bought windows 10 Pro when it was launched. Now recently I bought an Dell Alienware laptop and I wish to swap the license between this two laptops.

Please let me know how I can do that.

Thanks

:)

kromastorm, Jul 8, 2020

2. Swap windows 10 different editions between two laptops

I have two laptops. Old one had windows 7 pro and new one had windows 7 oemedtions. I upgraded both to windows 10.

Now old one has the Pro edition and new one has Home editions. Is it possible to swap so that new machine can have Pro edition and old one has Home edition.

Thanks

Vinodmerch, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Meosit Win User
    How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers

Hello there,

Currently I have two notebooks with two Retail digital licenses linked to my personal account:

1) Windows 10 Pro - on my old laptop, previously updated from the Windows 7 Pro (Product key still available, but I'm not sure is it can be used after upgrading to Win 10)

2) Windows 10 Home - on my new laptop. Windows 10 was preinstalled with the digital license (I've just linked it to my account while first run), but the command "slmgr /dlv" says that this license has a Retail
    type.

So, I would like to swap those two licenses between laptops in order to have Pro version on the new laptop while keeping Home edition on the old one.

Could you please advice on how this can be done?

Meosit, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

Swap Windows 10 pro and Windows 10 home

I bought a Windows 10 pro license and installed on my old laptop. Then, I bought a new laptop which came with Windows 10 home. How do I swap the licenses between the two devices? Thanks.

Moved fromSwap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops :(Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC)

SawYan Naung, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

1. Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops - Similar Threads - Swap Pro Home

2. Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2: s possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-possible-swap-two-windows-10-licenses-home-pc1/b5920a12-8254-4614-9f77-c479e4d3efa4
  3. exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops

exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops: Dear all, I have 2 different laptops with 2 different Windows 10 licenses: - Laptop A old with Win 10 Professional - Laptop B new with Win 10 Home SL and both licenses are digital licenses on my MS account. Now, I want to exchange these licenses between the 2 laptops...
  4. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license: I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different...
  5. Switch Windows 10 editions between two computers

Switch Windows 10 editions between two computers: I have one computer with Windows 10 Education and another with Windows 10 Pro. Both are activated. Is it possible to switch the licenses between these two computers?...
  6. Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro

Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro: I have two laptops one with Intel core i5 processor and other with intel Celeron processor. The i5 variant has windows 10 Home preinstalled and Celeron variant has Windows 10 Pro which I upgraded from Windows 10 Student. Is it possible to swap OS versions and use Windows 10...
  7. Swap drives between two identical laptops - Windows 10 activation

Swap drives between two identical laptops - Windows 10 activation: I have two identical laptops with Windows 10 Home OEM licenses (HP Spectre laptops), one mine and one of my partner. Due to a hardware issue with the thunderbolt port in one of them I want to swap the hard drives so I can use my partner's instead. However I am not sure on how...
  8. Swapping Windows Pro License

Swapping Windows Pro License: Hi I have a Windows 10 Pro installation on my current laptop. I am buying a new Lenovo laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home version pre-installed. Since I am planning to give my current laptop to my kid, I would like to swap the licenses. Meaning, I would like to...
  9. Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers: Hello, I am looking to swap the licences on my laptop and desktop. Here are the current configurations: Desktop Originally came with Windows Vista Purchased & installed Windows 7 Home via 32bit DVD upgraded through Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Laptop...
  10. Swapping Windows licenses between two computers

Swapping Windows licenses between two computers: I know something like this has been asked before but my question is ever so slightly different First computer AMD desktop, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate original promotional DVD given by Microsoft, I was actually given 5 of these for various project...