Windows 10: Swap Windows 10 product keys

Discus and support Swap Windows 10 product keys in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a new desktop with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old desktop has Windows 10 Pro. Can I swap the product keys and if so, how? Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NormSch, Apr 6, 2019.

1. NormSch Win User

Swap Windows 10 product keys

I purchased a new desktop with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old desktop has Windows 10 Pro. Can I swap the product keys and if so, how? Both are licensed and activated and I am the original and only owner.

:)

NormSch, Apr 6, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 6, 2019
  3. hallz10 Win User
    Swap Windows Product Keys

I have 2 laptops and would like to switch product keys on them. What makes this complicated is this:

Laptop 1 started off as Windows 7 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro, and subsequently Windows 10 Pro when it became available.

Later on, I bought Laptop 2. It came with Windows 8 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Home when available. Now I would like to put 10 Pro on Laptop 2 and Home on Laptop 1. When I go to the "change product key" section and enter the pro key (which was
    originally for Windows 8 Pro since I did not have to purchase a new code for the 10 upgrade), it says that I'm not eligible to upgrade since I'm running Home on Laptop 2.

How can I swap product keys?

hallz10, Apr 6, 2019
  4. shar013 Win User

Swap product keys between machines

I have a now deceased PC with Windows 10 Pro and a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. In the process of moving all my files to the new machine, the power supply of the old machine blew up. I'd like to swap the product keys and eventually resurrect the old
    one. Is this easily done (the swapping I mean)?

shar013, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Swap Windows 10 product keys - Similar Threads - Swap product keys

2. windows keys swapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keys swapped: I was struggling with this on and off and finally found this relevant thread, but it's locked: Keyboard keys swapped - Microsoft CommunityLike this user, I was running into something like "a" is now "q", and "q" is now "a"; "m" is now "," and ";" is now "m"; "z" is now "w"...
  3. windows keys swapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keys swapped: I was struggling with this on and off and finally found this relevant thread, but it's locked: Keyboard keys swapped - Microsoft CommunityLike this user, I was running into something like "a" is now "q", and "q" is now "a"; "m" is now "," and ";" is now "m"; "z" is now "w"...
  4. windows keys swapped

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?: Hi I have two PCs one with Windows 10 home and the other with Windows 10 pro. Is it possible to swap the product key for the Windows 10 home PC with the Windows 10 pro PC and vice versa? Would this delete any documents/etc from either PC? Thank you in advance for your help...
  6. Swapping the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping the product key: I have two laptops one that was bought recently, laptop 1, has windows 10 home, and another laptop, laptop 2, with windows 10 pro, which is old. Laptop 2 is not my main work station but laptop 1 is. So I wish to have pro in my laptop 1 and home in laptop 2. Can I just swap...
  7. Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices: Good Morning , I wonder if I can trouble you All for some advice? I have a Laptop running Win 10 64bit Pro Edition - Free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Edition 64 Bit I have a Desktop running Win 10 64Bit Home Edition - Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit The...
  8. Product Key Swapping

Product Key Swapping: i own two laptops. One, is currently broken and has a windows 10 pro product key sticker from the place where it was refurbished. Recently, i got a new laptop to replace the broke laptop which we will say is Laptop A. The new laptop shall be Laptop B as a codename. Is there...
  9. @ and " key swapped in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    @ and " key swapped in Windows 10: Whenever I try to use the @ button on my laptop it displays " instead. This also happens when I try to use the hashtag sign & instead get £. How can I fix this?...
  10. Windows 10 Product key swap

Windows 10 Product key swap: Hi, Is it possible to swap product keys between 2 Win10 laptops? I have a Compaq Presario V3000 with Windows 10 Pro and a Dell Vostro 14-5480 with Windows 10 Home Single Language. The latter is the one that I use daily while the former has been kind of dormant for months...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. swapping windows 10 product keys

2. swapping windows 10 product key

3. windows swap product keys between devices