Windows 10: swap windows pro old computer to windows home new computer

Discus and support swap windows pro old computer to windows home new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just got a new computer that has windows home … I want to upgrade it to windows pro which I had on my old computer ….. I don't want to pay for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pyorkie, Dec 23, 2019.

1. pyorkie Win User

swap windows pro old computer to windows home new computer

I just got a new computer that has windows home … I want to upgrade it to windows pro which I had on my old computer ….. I don't want to pay for another windows upgrade. I have a digital licence.

Thanks for any help

Peter

:)

pyorkie, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 23, 2019
  3. New computer - transfer old key

Hi,

The Windows 10 Pro upgrade would be tied to the old computer and is not transferable. I believe it will be necessary to purchase Windows 10 Pro.

Try the following steps:

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Store.
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Smittychat., Dec 23, 2019
  4. swap windows pro old computer to windows home new computer

New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

swap windows pro old computer to windows home new computer

1. swap windows pro old computer to windows home new computer - Similar Threads - swap pro old

2. Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...: What can safely be moved in AppData on old computer to new computer?I have always been told that moving everything from Appdata to a new computer is dangerous and potentially make the new computer unstable, so i have always parsed the old appdata folder and only moved select...
  3. Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...: What can safely be moved in AppData on old computer to new computer?I have always been told that moving everything from Appdata to a new computer is dangerous and potentially make the new computer unstable, so i have always parsed the old appdata folder and only moved select...
  4. installing old ssd with windows pro to new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    installing old ssd with windows pro to new computer: hey guys my pc cpu broke and I bought new motherboard + cpu my question is I don't want to reinstall everything if I did a clean windows install so if I use my old ssd and hdd will they work just fine or will I face problems? + I don't mind buying a new windows key but as...
  5. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10: I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AN OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7? I JUST BOUGHT A NEW "HP LAPTOP" WITH WINDOWS 10, AND OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT BY ACCIDENT, USING PHONE # 1-850-225-4905~!! MY OLD ACCOUNT IS "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and is what i use to sign-in to...
  6. Swap windows computer - new account sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swap windows computer - new account sign in: Hi there, I want to give my newish desktop unit to another family member permanently - as her new computer. Trouble is it already has my account attached from when I first started it with preloaded w10. Rather than format the entire PC and start again, so she can log in...
  7. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  8. New Computer: Windows 10 Home -> Upgrade to Win 10 Pro with old Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Computer: Windows 10 Home -> Upgrade to Win 10 Pro with old Key: Howdy Folks, *Smile New computer replacing one that crashed & burned. I'm looking for a quick refresher on upgrading my OS from Home to Pro. Is it simply a matter of changing my Key in Settings/Activation to the one from my old Win 10 Pro computer? Or are there specific step...
  9. Swapping HDD with Win10 to a new computer

Swapping HDD with Win10 to a new computer: My situation is this: My samsung laptop died on me before I could back much of my HDD up. I have the opportunity to buy a nearly identical Samsung from Ebay that does not have an HDD for equal or less than the cost of fixing my current laptop (Ac plug shorted) My...
  10. Want old Windows HDD with Window 7 Home &new Win10 Home on new compute

Want old Windows HDD with Window 7 Home &new Win10 Home on new compute: I can't figure out how to do this. I don't have experience with two drives, dual boot, and such things. My HP laptop with a 1 TB hard drive with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit broke its cooling fan and the repair place says it would they might not be able to fix it even...