Windows 10: Swapfile.sys is a no 1 huge privacy risk for Microsoft industries

Discus and support Swapfile.sys is a no 1 huge privacy risk for Microsoft industries in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Tell me about Swapfile.sys, and its file replacement, usage.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RgolTyg, Aug 28, 2019.

1. RgolTyg Win User

Swapfile.sys is a no 1 huge privacy risk for Microsoft industries

Tell me about Swapfile.sys, and its file replacement, usage.

:)

RgolTyg, Aug 28, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Victek Win User
    Is it time to ditch the swapfile

This may be because swapfile.sys does not exist in Windows 7. It was introduced (or reintroduced) in Windows 8.

Hiberfil.sys, Pagefile.sys the New Swapfile.sys file in Windows 8

Victek, Aug 28, 2019
  4. bobfrost Win User

Is it time to ditch the swapfile

bobfrost, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Swapfile.sys is a no 1 huge privacy risk for Microsoft industries - Similar Threads - Swapfile sys huge

2. Huge Privacy Concern with Microsoft taking a backup of your laptop files without your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge Privacy Concern with Microsoft taking a backup of your laptop files without your...: I was surprised to see that Microsoft already extracted all the files from my Windows 11 laptop without my authorization.It is currently showing that the last backup took place last month.I never enabled backup and did not setup OneDrive.Which means that Microsoft took the...
  3. Huge Privacy Concern with Microsoft taking a backup of your laptop files without your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Privacy Concern with Microsoft taking a backup of your laptop files without your...: I was surprised to see that Microsoft already extracted all the files from my Windows 11 laptop without my authorization.It is currently showing that the last backup took place last month.I never enabled backup and did not setup OneDrive.Which means that Microsoft took the...
  4. What is the impact of Microsoft's dominance on the technology industry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the impact of Microsoft's dominance on the technology industry?: Microsoft's dominance in the technology industry has had a significant impact. Firstly, their widely used operating system, Windows, has shaped how we interact with computers. Many people rely on Microsoft Office software for tasks like word processing and creating...
  5. Win insider program privacy risks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win insider program privacy risks: Hello, I reinstalled win 10 after a while of using Linux, back when the OS was released I signed in with my personal Microsoft account to the program to get the free copy but formatted my computer later, one of the reasons was because of Microsoft monitoring my usage of the...
  6. UAC Retired, Day 1 - Risks and Threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Retired, Day 1 - Risks and Threats: First impressions on the much discussed and even more fearsome retirement of UAC: As of today the UAC has been sent to retirement; also turned off the ''smartscreen'' for Edge which I do not use anyway Big Bro drew an exclamation mark on the Security page, which I ignored...
  7. Quary about swapfile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quary about swapfile: Does Swapfile.sys file inside file Is replace after restart ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quary-about-swapfile/795c6b15-0b4e-40a9-b9ca-0607b56f0be2"
  8. Can i open swapfile ?

Can i open swapfile ?: Can i open swapfile, does it constantly change or not ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-open-swapfile/20df7810-b2c3-4293-9379-465f0c44e688"
  9. Click Tracking Privacy Risk

Click Tracking Privacy Risk: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but since it is about security here goes. I came across this article and wonder what others think about it: Major Browsers to Prevent Disabling of Click Tracking Privacy Risk Will addons such as AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin...
  10. Is it time to ditch the swapfile

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it time to ditch the swapfile: The swap file was created in the early days of Windows when hardware was expensive so rather than getting a new hard drive, you had the swap file to help you out. With Windows 10 due next month, I wonder if its time to ditch the swap file and and disable it completely. 6697