Windows 10: Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

Discus and support Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure, now i cant get my windows to activate. the trouble shooter is no help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TJ Heckard, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure, now i cant get my windows to activate. the trouble shooter is no help.

:)

TJ Heckard, Jun 11, 2022

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Jun 11, 2022
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Jun 11, 2022
  4. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

Upgrade mobo, cpu, memory without havnig to do fresh install

I need (and want) to upgrade my current motherboard, CPU and memory without having to do a complete install.

OS at this time is Win 10 freebie upgrade, have original Win 7 install DVD if needed for validation.

Recall that a new access code was available for this sort of upgrade, I had to swap out the mobo in another computer due to PS failure a few years back.

Looking for the communities' input on this issue,

Gary

GaryMSmith, Jun 11, 2022
Thema:

Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

1. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure - Similar Threads - Swapped Mobo CPU

2. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  3. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  4. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure: Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure, now i cant get my windows to activate. the trouble shooter is no help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapped-mobo-and-cpu-due-to-failure/f87303da-d57c-45ec-a972-09e770dfd563
  6. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure: Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure, now i cant get my windows to activate. the trouble shooter is no help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapped-mobo-and-cpu-due-to-failure/f87303da-d57c-45ec-a972-09e770dfd563
  7. Swap DVD for SSD on older Mobos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Swap DVD for SSD on older Mobos: Hi folks these days who really needs a DVD burner any more --if you really do need one then cheap external USB devices are available So on Older Mobos you can use that DVD slot for a bootable SSD. 1) connect the DVD power adapter to a SATA power connector -- adapters are...
  8. Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling

Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling: Hi, I'm swapping from Intel to AMD tomorrow, so drivers are gonna be very borked. Do I need to reinstall fresh, or can I just swap the hard drive and reboot, letting win update fix it and manually uninstalling old drivers? (my licence is linked to my account already) If I...
  9. Swap mobo without re-install

Swap mobo without re-install: I recently, I had a 2600K pc die on me and I swapped out the innards (motherboard, cpu and RAM) from a 4770K box without re-installing Windows 10 and all my software. I'd read here that it was possible, and was surprised how easy it was. I just got a message about getting...
  10. Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram): Hello, I recently updated my hardware and I am now being asked to activate Windows. I do not have the product key from when I originally bought windows and the troubleshoot only recognises my MSI mobo (old one) not the Aorus (new one). However, my email address is linked...