Windows 10: Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't...

Discus and support Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I was using an Acer Predator G3-710 desktop and recently decided to upgrade my motherboard and CPU. The Predator series uses its own proprietary... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AndyMartinez5, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't...

Hello, I was using an Acer Predator G3-710 desktop and recently decided to upgrade my motherboard and CPU. The Predator series uses its own proprietary board and its Intel CPU socket was very dated, so I decided to replace them with a B450-A Pro Max and a Ryzen 5 3600. After making the change, my Windows 10 lock screen started giving me this message,

"Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options."

I recently changed my password and still have it fresh in my memory, I used it to sign into this laptop too.

Only other thing that comes to mind is that it must be using the password for a local account, either one of my old passwords or the very first one I used when setting up the desktop. Been trying passwords for the past hour but it still won't let me in.

Prev. specs:
    Windows 10 Home

Intel i5-6400 @ 2.70 GHz

Asus' Proprietary G3-710 Motherboard

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

16 GB 2133 MHz RAM

Current specs:
    Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60 GHz

MSI B450-A Pro Max

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

16 GB 2133 MHz RAM

:)

AndyMartinez5, Sep 5, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 5, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Sep 5, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't... [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't...

1. Swapped out motherboard and CPU, Windows 10 doesn't let me use my PIN to unlock and won't... - Similar Threads - Swapped motherboard CPU

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  5. My pc won't let me set a pin

My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  6. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  8. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  9. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

10. Won't let me use a PIN to log in....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Won't let me use a PIN to log in....: Windows claims I got my PIN wrong too many times and has locked it out. I can get in with the my password, but that is more difficult. It said I had to have the computer on for 2 hours to reset my PIN. So I left it on, but it didn't help. I deleted the PIN and tried to set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get in windows pin after cpu upgrade