Windows 10: Swapping and transferring windows licenses

Discus and support Swapping and transferring windows licenses in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two computers of about the same age/generation, one has a Haswell i5 while the other has a Xeon E3 also haswell-derived. Let's call them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bojie, Feb 25, 2020.

1. bojie Win User

Swapping and transferring windows licenses

I have two computers of about the same age/generation, one has a Haswell i5 while the other has a Xeon E3 also haswell-derived.

Let's call them Computers A and B. Both are currently running the latest updated version of Windows 10x64 1909.

1. Computer A was upgraded from a FULL Retail Copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, now Windows 10 Pro

2. Computer B was upgraded from a FULL Retail Copy of Windows 8.1 Home, now Windows 10 Home

Due to usage and OS features, I want/need to swap or switch the OS versions. This should make Computer A go from Windows Pro to Windows Home and the opposite for Computer B.

How do I go about doing this without running into activation issues?

:)

bojie, Feb 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Swapping and transferring windows licenses

Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Swapping and transferring windows licenses

1. Swapping and transferring windows licenses - Similar Threads - Swapping transferring licenses

2. Transferring of windows license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring of windows license: Hi all, recently I would like to upgrade my computer from a HDD to a M.2 NVMe SSD for the boot drive. I plan to install windows again so that I can have a fresh start. But the problem is I don’t know how to port the existing license of Windows 10 pro to the new installation....
  3. Transfering Windows License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Windows License: I have a Windows 10 Pro VOLUME licensed laptop. I have newer laptop too, but with Windows 10 Home. I want my Windows 10 Pro in my newer laptop. Is there any way to transfer volume type license?...
  4. Transfering Windows License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering Windows License: I have a Windows 10 Pro VOLUME licensed laptop. I have newer laptop too, but with Windows 10 Home. I want my Windows 10 Pro in my newer laptop. Is there any way to transfer volume type license?...
  5. Digital license swap

Digital license swap: Hi, I have two PC's running Win 10, my old PC has Win 10 Pro and my new one has Win 10 Home. Is there any way I can swap the licenses so my new PC has Win 10 Pro and my old has Win 10 Home?...
  6. transfer Windows license

transfer Windows license: I want to transfer the Windows license from one machine on my account to another. I will be removing the first machine when this is complete. I tried following this article, but could not transfer. Transferring a Windows 10 lic. key to another PC - Microsoft Community This...
  7. Windows 10 license swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 license swap: Hi guys I have recently bought a laptop which has windows 10 home built in . I want to swap it with windows 10 pro which I have in my old laptop . So, how can I do it? submitted by /u/Scorzen [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 swap licenses

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 swap licenses: My old computer under Windows 10 PRO will retire, and will be used for lighter tasks. I bought a more powerful one, but it has Windows HOME. I would like to combine upgrade / downgrade of both: Home<==> Pro, and swap the licenses & activate everything, of course. I want to...
  9. Swapping Windows Pro License

Swapping Windows Pro License: Hi I have a Windows 10 Pro installation on my current laptop. I am buying a new Lenovo laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home version pre-installed. Since I am planning to give my current laptop to my kid, I would like to swap the licenses. Meaning, I would like to...
  10. Digital License Transfer Following Motherboard Swap

Digital License Transfer Following Motherboard Swap: Hello, I have today finally made the leap from the Blue CPU company to the Red One and, aside from the stock cooler, it's going excellently, thank you for asking. I was reliably informed by most of the internet that if my license was valid for a digital transfer, I'd be...