Windows 10: Swapping between desktops in windows 10 lag

Discus and support Swapping between desktops in windows 10 lag in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I dont want to turn off animation when swapping through virtual desktops. Anyone know why lag happens and how to fix it? submitted by /u/zxasassa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zxasassa, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Swapping between desktops in windows 10 lag

I dont want to turn off animation when swapping through virtual desktops. Anyone know why lag happens and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/zxasassa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zxasassa, Jan 11, 2021

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Swapping between desktops in windows 10 lag

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Swapping between desktops in windows 10 lag

1. Swapping between desktops in windows 10 lag - Similar Threads - Swapping between desktops

2. Swap windows HDD between laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swap windows HDD between laptops.: Me and my friend wish to swap our laptops. One is HP and other is Dell. Both had OEM windows and office. will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swap-windows-hdd-between-laptops/bdcf0804-eb70-4a62-8b88-f3784cf2c49e
  3. Swap windows HDD between laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swap windows HDD between laptops.: Me and my friend wish to swap our laptops. One is HP and other is Dell. Both had OEM windows and office. will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swap-windows-hdd-between-laptops/bdcf0804-eb70-4a62-8b88-f3784cf2c49e
  4. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  5. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  6. Swapping SSDs between laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping SSDs between laptop and desktop: I'm looking to swap the SSD from my laptop (512GB) with the SSD in my desktop (256GB). Both have windows already installed and contain different files. I'm having a tough time figuring out whether or not this will work, so any advice would be appreciated! Create a clone of...
  7. Swapping windows licences between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping windows licences between computers: Hi, I just got another computer and I would like to transfer the Windows key from my old computer. On the old one, I installed OEM Windows 7 key CD box and upgraded it to Windows 10. Using cmd I checked that my Windows 10 is a retail version, but AIDA64 software showed me...
  8. Swapping activations between computers

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping activations between computers: Hello, I purchased a new HP Envy Desktop. It comes with Windows 10 Home (V2004). It replaces my AMD Ryzen home built which has Windows 10 Pro (V20H2). I would like to put the Windows 10 Pro on the HP Envy and the Windows 10 home on the AMD. Is this possible? From searches, it...
  9. Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs: SCENARIO: I have a PC that I am going to retire. It has Windows 10 Pro. The new PC that I am buying comes with Windows 10 Home. ASK: I would like to put Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and Windows 10 Home on the old PC. Swap the Windows 10 versions. QUESTION: How can I do...
  10. Swapping Different Windows 10 Versions between Motherboards

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping Different Windows 10 Versions between Motherboards: Did some research but haven't found anything that explicitly states how to do it yet. If I purchased a used computer that had Windows 10 Pro activated on it, would it be possible to swap the installation with the Windows 10 Home installation on my existing computer?...