Windows 10: Swapping hard drives

Discus and support Swapping hard drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I go about backing up windows to clone on a new hard drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timemanT223, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Swapping hard drives

How do I go about backing up windows to clone on a new hard drive?

:)

timemanT223, Nov 19, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Johnny5 Win User
    Building Again

I just tried to swap the hard drive for the one you suggested keakar but i purchased rush processing so its already in step 3... *Big Grin Swapping hard drives :D

Johnny5, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Visor_One Win User

Swapping hard drives

swapping out hard drive

can I swap out my hard drive for a ssd and not have to buy another windows os?

Visor_One, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Swapping hard drives

1. Swapping hard drives - Similar Threads - Swapping hard drives

2. Hard Drive Swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Swap: I have a computer running Win 10. I purchased the Win 10 and had it installed by a local shop, Tech Junkies of Hays Kansas. The computer is rather old, only has 8 gig of RAM, and the processor is very slow. I'd like to buy a new computer and use the hard drive from my old...
  3. hard drive swap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive swap: I have a new computer, and have that computer all setup. Can I take the old hard drive from the old computer and put it into the new computer (I dont need help on the mechanics). It is currently formatted for 2 logical drive. The current c: drive, I would reformat and use...
  4. windows 10 swap into new hard drive

windows 10 swap into new hard drive: I have an older computer, dell inspiron 1525, needs a new hard drive. I have a valid windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. Is it possible to reinstall my windows OS on the new hard drive with the current product key?...
  5. Swapping hard drives between two computers

Swapping hard drives between two computers: Hello. I have two desktop computers. Both running Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap the hard drives between the computers. Reinstalling windows on my main computer is not an option (do not ask, just take my word for it). As I have two computers, two licenses and the...
  6. swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows: I want to buy an SSD, install it my computer as the primary drive and move my current hard drive to secondary, to use it for a data drive. This should be simple but I want to make sure. I assume I reinstall my Windows 10 on the new drive, using the same key I own. Then...
  7. Swapping hard drives.

Swapping hard drives.: I have recently purachsed a new laptop. A dell Inspiron 5570 and it came with a 1TB Hard Disk Drive. I also purchased a solid state drive with the plan to swap rhem out. I cant seem to figure out how to migrate the OS and files from the HDD to the SSD. I cannot boot...
  8. Swapping hard drives.

Swapping hard drives.: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 with Windows 10 and a 1 lTB HDD. I also purchased A solid state drive seperately to replace the HDD. as it is a new drive i cannot boot from it. i have been unsuccessful in using my recovery drive on it or figuring out how to...
  9. Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive: Hi I just received my purchased MEDION AKOYA P5218 F - Intel Core i5-6400, 2,7GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, WLAN, Windows 10 Desktop computer. Since I had recently just bought a WD 1TB Black Hard Drive I wanted to fit this inside. Although there...
  10. Swapping Hard drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping Hard drives: Good Morning etc, okay I have a PC at home which has an external sata plugin for hard drives, last night I went to check a hard drive and plugged in the wrong one. The one I plugged was for another PC and had Windows 10 mounted in German my PC has English and is Windows 10 I...