Windows 10: Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling

Discus and support Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm swapping from Intel to AMD tomorrow, so drivers are gonna be very borked. Do I need to reinstall fresh, or can I just swap the hard drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aeioyoo, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Aeioyoo Win User

Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling

Hi,
    I'm swapping from Intel to AMD tomorrow, so drivers are gonna be very borked. Do I need to reinstall fresh, or can I just swap the hard drive and reboot, letting win update fix it and manually uninstalling old drivers?
    (my licence is linked to my account already)

If I can't just boot, I've read about sysprep. Is that at all destructive? (files, settings, users) I have about 700-800GB of files and installed programs.

Thanks

:)

Aeioyoo, Aug 1, 2019
  2. markfresh Win User

Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change

Hi,
    I am swapping from intel to AMD moBo and cpu from intel, do i need to reinstall windows.

markfresh, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Swapping motherboards without reinstalling XP

Not even remotely true!

I have done the swap many times...CPU's AMD to intel....hell even Nvidia to intel chipset. It can be done if done correctly and thoroughly!

sneekypeet, Aug 1, 2019
  4. kjl1956 Win User

KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd

KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd

I would think that all the insiders and months of testing, microsoft could tell the difference in cpu

architect or maybe I am wrong on that assumption.

Unless I am going to swap out my motherboard and cpu ? not likely

kjl1956, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling - Similar Threads - Swapping MoBo CPU

2. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure: Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure, now i cant get my windows to activate. the trouble shooter is no help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapped-mobo-and-cpu-due-to-failure/f87303da-d57c-45ec-a972-09e770dfd563
  3. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure: Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure, now i cant get my windows to activate. the trouble shooter is no help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapped-mobo-and-cpu-due-to-failure/f87303da-d57c-45ec-a972-09e770dfd563
  4. Swapped Mobo and CPU due to failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help: Anyone have experience upgrading a motherboard, cpu, ram all at once? im switching from intel to AMD cpu. BIOS on the motherboard stock is good for the CPU i checked, but since im switching intel to AMD and i want to keep my windows installation do i NEED to run a sysprep?...
  6. Changing from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from Intel to AMD: Hello, I have recently bought a new amd cpu and motherboard to replace my old intel i5, how do I change these two without having to reinstall windows 10retail version and all my programs, games etc. Thanks....
  7. Switching from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from Intel to AMD: Which means reinstallation of Windows 10. I just need to know what will happen to those software that are installed anywhere else than C:/ ? Will they run on the new Win 10 as expected? How about their registry keys? submitted by /u/Shantanu08_YT [link] [comments]...
  8. Switch from Intel to Amd

Switch from Intel to Amd: Hello guys, I need help with my graphic card, I have 2 graphic cards, Intel and amd7400 on my laptop hp pavilion g6. I need to switch graphics to Amd because a long time ago, a friend maybe did something on these graphic cards because he said that will save energy for me...
  9. Swap DVD for SSD on older Mobos

Swap DVD for SSD on older Mobos: Hi folks these days who really needs a DVD burner any more --if you really do need one then cheap external USB devices are available So on Older Mobos you can use that DVD slot for a bootable SSD. 1) connect the DVD power adapter to a SATA power connector -- adapters are...
  10. Swap mobo without re-install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap mobo without re-install: I recently, I had a 2600K pc die on me and I swapped out the innards (motherboard, cpu and RAM) from a 4770K box without re-installing Windows 10 and all my software. I'd read here that it was possible, and was surprised how easy it was. I just got a message about getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move windows from intel to amd motherboard

2. will i have issues when switching from an intel to amd chipset

3. switching from intel to amd require reinstall windows?

4. reinstall windows going from intel to amd,
  5. windows 10 intel to amd motherboard without re-installing