Windows 10: Swapping to Linux. Don't care how much stuff breaks as a result. Sick of Windows.

Discus and support Swapping to Linux. Don't care how much stuff breaks as a result. Sick of Windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to get off of Windows 10. It forces me to update every couple weeks for problems that I never even noticed, then has the audacity to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JerryLedbetter, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Swapping to Linux. Don't care how much stuff breaks as a result. Sick of Windows.

Hi, I'm trying to get off of Windows 10. It forces me to update every couple weeks for problems that I never even noticed, then has the audacity to install its web browser that I have to jump through a dozen hoops to uninstall. The fact that I have to install third party software in order to uninstall a product that this operating system imposes on me is just a sign of how much of a monopoly Microsoft holds on computer operating systems. If it weren't for the fact that most software these days is built around Windows, I can guarantee most people wouldn't stand for this and would just swap to something else, however it's gotten to a point where I genuinely don't care how much of my stuff stops working as a result of uninstalling this intrusive OS that will harvest my information and downgrade itself when a newer "better" operating system comes out until its obnoxious notifications force me into installing the new OS.

I'm sick and tired of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff. The fact that powershell cannot uninstall edgelike it could two years ago is just another sign of how aggressively they're pushing it onto unwilling participants. The best part about it is that I know even if I do somehow successfully uninstall it, it's just going to come back with whatever other update Microsoft is going to force onto its users.

I'm sick of Microsoft forcing its updates down my throat.

I'm sick of Microsoft forcing its programs onto my computer without my consent or approval.

I'm sick of Microsoft importing my browsing data to their servers without my permission.

I'm sick of Microsoft running my computer for me.

I do not care how many of my programs stop working as a result of me doing this.

I would rather destroy my entire computer than have windows install one more of its intrusive updates on it.

I would have never imagined that something as foundational to a computer as an operating software would be compromised by its developers. When I think of how many thousands of hours of work have been lost to Microsoft's forced updates,I can't help but wonder how much they as a company have held back every part of society that uses their OS.It's insane. These are not problems incurred due to incompetence. These are problems incurred due to Microsoft having a monopoly on OSs. When you think of the competitors, you think of Apple and Linux. Apple is the only actually marketed OS to compete with Microsoft, Linux is an open source, and FREE operating system.

If you still don't believe me that Microsoft is a monopoly after downloading another one of their imposed updates, just google "Microsoft vs IRS." There was a real, officially doccumented case where Microsoft had been caught moving billions of dollars to Puerto Rico to avoid taxes. Microsoft was able to fight back with a legion of lawyers until they were able to get a bill passed through congress that effectively defunded the IRS enough that they weren't able to pursue legal action against them anymore. So the IRS knows they're a monopoly, but they've grown so much that even the IRS can't do much against them at this point.

I refuse to support this company anymore.

:)

JerryLedbetter, Aug 31, 2020
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Aug 31, 2020
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Aug 31, 2020
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

Swapping to Linux. Don't care how much stuff breaks as a result. Sick of Windows.

stuff that don`t work

The problem with the messed up keyboard is now ok, I can write normally.

But, the problem with non working pin and unpin from task bar, the right mouse click don`t work on it at all - still stays, as well as non working New notifications - I click and nothing happens. Can you fix that all?

JDivineŠ, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Swapping to Linux. Don't care how much stuff breaks as a result. Sick of Windows.

1. Swapping to Linux. Don't care how much stuff breaks as a result. Sick of Windows. - Similar Threads - Swapping Linux Don't

2. How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?: 1. If Stages 1, 2, and 3 give no errors or fix all the errors detected, can we assume that files are OK.2. I assume that faulty sectors are removed by Stage 4 and 5? If some sectors used by files are faulty, how those files can be restored?3. What EAT stands for?4. I backed...
  3. How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?: 1. If Stages 1, 2, and 3 give no errors or fix all the errors detected, can we assume that files are OK.2. I assume that faulty sectors are removed by Stage 4 and 5? If some sectors used by files are faulty, how those files can be restored?3. What EAT stands for?4. I backed...
  4. How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. too much stuff on computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    too much stuff on computer: I have a 2 tb memory stick trying to make a back up and it want let me do it. any suggestions? I have a inspron. wxpcqd laptop. with windows 7 with 10 upgrade....
  6. MS keeps installing stuff I don't want or ask for, sick to death of it

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS keeps installing stuff I don't want or ask for, sick to death of it: I'm tired of BS answers like it uses a negligible amount of resources. To you they are negligible not to everyone else. Not all of us have your budget to buy new hardware all the damn time. Not just that every time you do that there is another issue of is it secure. Most the...
  7. How much of this NTUSER.DAT stuff can I delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    How much of this NTUSER.DAT stuff can I delete?: All of these files together only add up to 28MB, so far. Looking at the dates, I can guess that this will keep growing in size. So the question is, how much of this junk can I get rid of, without losing any of my settings. Iirc, this didn't happen on Windows 7, there was...
  8. How is it legal for Microsoft to break so much with an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How is it legal for Microsoft to break so much with an update: How is it legal for Microsoft to break so much with an update and not offer a stable backup version of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-is-it-legal-for-microsoft-to-break-so-much/55f09c22-815f-449d-9c66-27fcbf55fc97
  9. Sick of a cheap mouse that breaks? Consider the Microsoft Mouse 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sick of a cheap mouse that breaks? Consider the Microsoft Mouse 4000: There are so many mouse devices available today, and many really cheap ones from Chinese brands that look nice. But, I have to say that after using 2 of them, I'm done with them. My last one was a Jelly Comb mouse, which looks great and is nicely slender, but it began to have...
  10. Linux swap equivalent in Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linux swap equivalent in Windows?: Hello, When I'm using Ubuntu, my hard drive is much noisier, so I was thinking that it's because of the SWAP feature, (Because with Windows it's quiet) Does Windows have an equivalent for SWAP (But it's just not really using it, because today's systems have enough...