Windows 10: Swapping Windows Pro License

Discus and support Swapping Windows Pro License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a Windows 10 Pro installation on my current laptop. I am buying a new Lenovo laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SridharParthasarathy, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Swapping Windows Pro License

Hi

I have a Windows 10 Pro installation on my current laptop. I am buying a new Lenovo laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home version pre-installed.

Since I am planning to give my current laptop to my kid, I would like to swap the licenses. Meaning, I would like to use the Pro version in the new laptop & use the Home license from the new one on my existing laptop.

Is it possible to do it? If so, how?

:)

SridharParthasarathy, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Ramanuj Win User

Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home license swap

I have old laptop with Win 8.1 Pro, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home.

Is it possible to swap the licenses so I can use Windows 10 Pro features in my newer laptop ?

Ramanuj, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Ramanuj Win User
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home license swap

I know I can always upgrade and pay for the Win 10 Pro license.

My query to be able to swap the license since I no longer plan to use my old laptop and the Win 10 Pro license is not utilized on my old laptop. Can you please answer to my particular query ?

Ramanuj, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Swapping Windows Pro License

Swapping licenses

DaveM121

I don't want to buy a new license, I want Microsoft to offer me the opportunity to swap my Windows 10 license with a Windows 7 one. For the drivers it's not a big deal because I know how to update them individually with Intel and Lenovo.

Thanks anyway!

M1racl3sHapp3n, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Swapping Windows Pro License

1. Swapping Windows Pro License - Similar Threads - Swapping Pro License

2. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  3. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  4. Digital license swap

Digital license swap: Hi, I have two PC's running Win 10, my old PC has Win 10 Pro and my new one has Win 10 Home. Is there any way I can swap the licenses so my new PC has Win 10 Pro and my old has Win 10 Home?...
  5. Windows 10 license swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 license swap: Hi guys I have recently bought a laptop which has windows 10 home built in . I want to swap it with windows 10 pro which I have in my old laptop . So, how can I do it? submitted by /u/Scorzen [link] [comments]...
  6. windows 10 swap licenses

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 swap licenses: My old computer under Windows 10 PRO will retire, and will be used for lighter tasks. I bought a more powerful one, but it has Windows HOME. I would like to combine upgrade / downgrade of both: Home<==> Pro, and swap the licenses & activate everything, of course. I want to...
  7. Will a CPU swap change Windows 10 Pro Retail License Activation?

Will a CPU swap change Windows 10 Pro Retail License Activation?: Good Day, I am considering upgrading my custom build-PC's CPU. The motherboard, RAM modules, and graphics card will remain the same. Would this affect my Windows 10 Pro Retail License activation? Just wondering as I will do a clean install of the OS as part of the CPU...
  8. Swapping and transferring windows licenses

Swapping and transferring windows licenses: I have two computers of about the same age/generation, one has a Haswell i5 while the other has a Xeon E3 also haswell-derived. Let's call them Computers A and B. Both are currently running the latest updated version of Windows 10x64 1909. 1. Computer A was upgraded from...
  9. Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd?

Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd?: Hello there, i have a question, i have windows 10 OEM license and i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD. Can i move my actual license from hdd to my new ssd, and if i can how can i do that? Thank you....
  10. Swapping Editions with Digital Licenses

Swapping Editions with Digital Licenses: I currently have two devices running Windows 10. One uses the Home edition, and the other has Pro. I would like to swap the editions around. I originally received the product keys with the devices, but they are reasonably old (Originally Windows 7). I no longer have the...