Windows 10: Swapping Windows Pro License

Discus and support Swapping Windows Pro License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a Windows 10 Pro installation on my current laptop. I am buying a new Lenovo laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SridharParthasarathy, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Swapping Windows Pro License

Hi

I have a Windows 10 Pro installation on my current laptop. I am buying a new Lenovo laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home version pre-installed.

Since I am planning to give my current laptop to my kid, I would like to swap the licenses. Meaning, I would like to use the Pro version in the new laptop & use the Home license from the new one on my existing laptop.

Is it possible to do it? If so, how?

:)

SridharParthasarathy, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Ramanuj Win User

Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home license swap

I have old laptop with Win 8.1 Pro, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home.

Is it possible to swap the licenses so I can use Windows 10 Pro features in my newer laptop ?

Ramanuj, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Ramanuj Win User
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home license swap

I know I can always upgrade and pay for the Win 10 Pro license.

My query to be able to swap the license since I no longer plan to use my old laptop and the Win 10 Pro license is not utilized on my old laptop. Can you please answer to my particular query ?

Ramanuj, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Swapping Windows Pro License

Swapping licenses

DaveM121

I don't want to buy a new license, I want Microsoft to offer me the opportunity to swap my Windows 10 license with a Windows 7 one. For the drivers it's not a big deal because I know how to update them individually with Intel and Lenovo.

Thanks anyway!

M1racl3sHapp3n, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Swapping Windows Pro License

1. Swapping Windows Pro License - Similar Threads - Swapping Pro License

2. Windows 10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro license: I purchased an HP laptop that came with Windows 10 Home 64 bit and later on (December 2018) I added some memory and went online to the Microsoft Store and purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $99. Now, I want to purchase a new laptop that has Windows 10 Home on it but I...
  3. Swapping HD drive licensing query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping HD drive licensing query: Ok. I have an HP machine with a brand new replacement SSD 500 drive (win pro). All licenced etc The machine is playing up so have bought an identical model as a replacement. This come with 1tb HHD and freshly installed win10 home with licence. I want the 500 to be the boot...
  4. Windows 10 Pro 1903 not working with hot swap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 not working with hot swap: In the BIOS the four SATA ports connected to my two ICY DOC dual [3.5 and 2.5 in each unit] hot swap bays are set with Hot Swap Enabled. I have been having issues with power supply and motherboard, but got that all straightened out. I tested the hot swap with various drives...
  5. Windows10 Pro licensing

Windows10 Pro licensing: Hello, I have 7 PC's in my house all running Windows 10 home edition. I recently decided to buy my dream phone lol, Microsoft's Lumia 950 XL. I had always wanted one because I liked the idea of having a phone running the same OS as my PC's. I would like to use the Remote...
  6. Digital License Transfer Following Motherboard Swap

Digital License Transfer Following Motherboard Swap: Hello, I have today finally made the leap from the Blue CPU company to the Red One and, aside from the stock cooler, it's going excellently, thank you for asking. I was reliably informed by most of the internet that if my license was valid for a digital transfer, I'd be...
  7. Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro swap

Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro swap: Hello, Right now I have 2 computers, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other, my desktop is running Windows 10 Home. Is there an easy way to swap the two windows versions to the other. So that my desktop has Pro & my laptop has Home?...
  8. Swapping Windows licenses between two computers

Swapping Windows licenses between two computers: I know something like this has been asked before but my question is ever so slightly different First computer AMD desktop, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate original promotional DVD given by Microsoft, I was actually given 5 of these for various project...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Transfer license

Windows 10 Pro Transfer license: I have HP 15-ay068ne laptop Windows 10 Home 64bit on it and I just purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM system builder DVD from Jumia Egypt for upgrade my laptop operating system to Pro,if something happened to this laptop can i transfer that windows 10 pro license to a another pc...
  10. @ and " swapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    @ and " swapped: This problem was reported in 2012 by a Windows 8 user. My friend has the same problem now with windows 10 and I am now encountering it with Android. None of the solutions previously recommended make any difference. Dos anyone have a more up-to-date solutiom?...