Windows 10: Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

Discus and support Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good Morning , I wonder if I can trouble you All for some advice? I have a Laptop running Win 10 64bit Pro Edition - Free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scott Bennion, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

Good Morning , I wonder if I can trouble you All for some advice?

I have a Laptop running Win 10 64bit Pro Edition - Free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Edition 64 Bit

I have a Desktop running Win 10 64Bit Home Edition - Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit

The Desktop is much more use to me on the higher spec so, I want to: -

Ideally, use the Laptop & the Desktop on the Windows 10 Pro Edition 64 Bit - is this legal I believe you used to be able to use the same Product Key on 1 Laptop, portable device & 1 fixed device desktop?

If not, how do I downgrade the Laptop from Pro to Home & upgrade the Desktop from Home to Pro and, do I do the Downgrade & then the Upgrade or, the Upgrade & then the Downgrade first?

Many thanks

Scott.

:)

Scott Bennion, Mar 28, 2020

2. Product Key Swapping

i own two laptops. One, is currently broken and has a windows 10 pro product key sticker from the place where it was refurbished. Recently, i got a new laptop to replace the broke laptop which we will say is Laptop A. The new laptop shall be Laptop B
    as a codename. Is there a way to swap product keys with one laptop unusable?

MansonChan2, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Product key swap

Hi,

Is it possible to swap product keys between 2 Win10 laptops? I have a Compaq Presario V3000 with Windows 10 Pro and a Dell Vostro 14-5480 with Windows 10 Home Single Language. The latter is the one that I use daily while the former has been kind of dormant
    for months now (though I always update it regularly), and I want my Dell to have Pro instead of Home. What steps do I need to take to make this happen/possible?

Thank you!

Andree Ajawaila, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices [​IMG]

Superfly, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

1. Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices - Similar Threads - Swapping Product Keys

2. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  3. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  4. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?

Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?: Hi I have two PCs one with Windows 10 home and the other with Windows 10 pro. Is it possible to swap the product key for the Windows 10 home PC with the Windows 10 pro PC and vice versa? Would this delete any documents/etc from either PC? Thank you in advance for your help...
  6. How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro?

How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro?: I have a device I've just bought which came with Windows 10 pro, and I already have a device with Windows 10 home on it. The device with Windows 10 home already is my main device, so I want that to have Windows 10 pro. I also want to keep the Windows 10 home off that device...
  7. Swapping the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping the product key: I have two laptops one that was bought recently, laptop 1, has windows 10 home, and another laptop, laptop 2, with windows 10 pro, which is old. Laptop 2 is not my main work station but laptop 1 is. So I wish to have pro in my laptop 1 and home in laptop 2. Can I just swap...
  8. Product Key Swapping

Product Key Swapping: i own two laptops. One, is currently broken and has a windows 10 pro product key sticker from the place where it was refurbished. Recently, i got a new laptop to replace the broke laptop which we will say is Laptop A. The new laptop shall be Laptop B as a codename. Is there...
  9. Windows 10 Product key swap

Windows 10 Product key swap: Hi, Is it possible to swap product keys between 2 Win10 laptops? I have a Compaq Presario V3000 with Windows 10 Pro and a Dell Vostro 14-5480 with Windows 10 Home Single Language. The latter is the one that I use daily while the former has been kind of dormant for months...
  10. Swap Windows 10 product keys

Swap Windows 10 product keys: I purchased a new desktop with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old desktop has Windows 10 Pro. Can I swap the product keys and if so, how? Both are licensed and activated and I am the original and only owner....