Windows 10: SWF default file association won't change to Flash Player projector content debugger

Discus and support SWF default file association won't change to Flash Player projector content debugger in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded Flash Player project content debugger (flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe) from Adobe for debugging purposes but I can't change the default file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emikili, Nov 7, 2018.

1. emikili Win User

SWF default file association won't change to Flash Player projector content debugger

I downloaded Flash Player project content debugger (flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe) from Adobe for debugging purposes but I can't change the default file association.

This has happened on two Windows machines. At this point I think it's Windows refusing to recognise Flash, probably for possible exploit reasons.

Things I've tried:

- running the file directly and checking 'Always use this app to open .swf files' (many times)

- selecting the flash player via the 'Choose default apps by file type' menu (other apps can be set here fine)

- running `assoc` and `ftype` commands to force the association

- using a previous version of the flash debugger exe

- checking and ensuring windows hasn't marked it as a dangerous file downloaded from the internet

- signing in and out of my Microsoft account

I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 (Build 17134.345).

I'd appreciate any insight into this. Cheers.

:)

emikili, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Flash Player

Hi,

One possible cause why your Flash Player was not working is due to a software conflict. To isolate your issue, we'd to know if you've tried accessing the involved sites using another browser. Does the issue still persist?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to download Flash Player and make sure Flash Player settings is turned on:

• If you see a Blocked Adobe Flash content puzzle piece near the Favorites button, click it, then either
      Allow once or Always allow to allow Flash on the page.
    • If you don't see a Blocked Adobe Flash content puzzle piece but you do not see a note to download flash on the page, click the download link and Edge should enable the puzzle piece so you can follow step 1.

Let us know if you need further assistance

Rose Cal, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 7, 2018
  4. SWF default file association won't change to Flash Player projector content debugger

" Your current security settings do not allow this action" when I want to open a swf file in Windows Media Player

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

If you want to play an SWF file in Windows Media Player, you must have the .SWF codec present on your computer because Windows Media Player does not feature support for the SWF file format by default. The only way to acquire the .SWF codec is by installing
    either the Adobe Flash Player or the Adobe Shockwave Player.

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the flash player and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

You can also try to reinstall Flash Player on the system to resolve the issue. To uninstall please follow the below steps.
    1. Press windows key + X key and select the Control panel.

2. In control panel under the Program option select uninstall a program.

3. In there, please select the program in need any then right click and select uninstall.

Step 2:

To download the latest version of Flash player refer to the link provided below

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

If you are unable to run the driver setup properly, please run them in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

1. Right click the driver set up.

2. Go to Compatibility tab, and in the compatibility mode, tick the Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the windows version you want.

Please let us know if the issue got fixed or you need any further assistance

Amarjeet_Paul, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

SWF default file association won't change to Flash Player projector content debugger

1. SWF default file association won't change to Flash Player projector content debugger - Similar Threads - SWF default file

2. Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?: I'm trying to change Windows 11's default Notepad app to Notepad++. I changed the default App in Settings > Apps > Default apps > Notepad. Changing the Default App for each file listed under the Notepad app, everything is good.I looked into the files under the Excel App, and...
  3. Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?: I'm trying to change Windows 11's default Notepad app to Notepad++. I changed the default App in Settings > Apps > Default apps > Notepad. Changing the Default App for each file listed under the Notepad app, everything is good.I looked into the files under the Excel App, and...
  4. Why won't Windows Media Player load associated files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows Media Player load associated files?: Windows Media Player won't load and play associated files.I ran SFC.exe but that did not solve the problem.Program returns "No such interface supported" message....
  5. Why won't Windows Media Player load associated files?

Why won't Windows Media Player load associated files?: Windows Media Player won't load and play associated files.I ran SFC.exe but that did not solve the problem.Program returns "No such interface supported" message....
  6. Office 364 and Flash/SWF Files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 364 and Flash/SWF Files: Hi. I understand that in order to allow Office 355 to embed Flash/SWF files, you can download a set of registry keys that will automatically change the settings. I've had a look on the below link and I can't see the keys anymore. I don't suppose anyone has the necessary...
  7. how to Play .SWF game since flash player has block

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to Play .SWF game since flash player has block: I have old game that build on flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-swf-game-since-flash-player-has-block/3a68692a-cee1-42a1-896a-4e039ac37871
  8. default file association

default file association: I just wanted to know what does the following cmd code do assoc .srt=* or is it a valid command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-file-association/0094eb83-785f-4a7d-aadf-7c5a92f709b2
  9. Adobe Flash Player Stadnalone Projector acting wonky

Adobe Flash Player Stadnalone Projector acting wonky: Yes, I know adobe said they'd drop flash last year but didn't/did(?), so I download the standalone flash player projector from this link, made the .swf files I got downloaded associated with the standalone player (mainly nsfw, some sfw, all im saying on that front), and when...
  10. SWF default file association won't change to flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe

SWF default file association won't change to flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe: I downloaded flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe from Adobe for debugging purposes (running HaxeFlixel) but I can't change the default file association. This has happened on two Windows machines. At this point I think it's Windows refusing to recognise Flash, probably for possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fig cropper swf

2. cant link to other swf flash windows 10

3. win 10 swf default program

4. swf default,
  5. projector content debugger,
  6. win 10 change swf default from acrobat to swf player