Windows 10: Swipe gesture for Start Menu

Discus and support Swipe gesture for Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a touchscreen attached and I was wondering if there was a swipe gesture to get the Start menu to appear. If I swipe from the left to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by booragal, Apr 9, 2019.

1. booragal Win User

Swipe gesture for Start Menu

Hello,

I have a touchscreen attached and I was wondering if there was a swipe gesture to get the Start menu to appear.

If I swipe from the left to right, I get the task switcher.
    If I swipe from the right to left, I get the notification bar.
    If I swipe from the top to down I close the current application.

This may sound weird .... but on a touchscreen I find it a little unatural to press the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This is all based around tablet mode in Windows 10.

Thanks to anyone who can shine some light. *Smile

:)

booragal, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Swipe gestures

Hi Patrick,

Touchpad gestures in laptops are available as long as your computer has a precision touch pad. Many computer manufacturers add multi-gestures to the touchpad of their computers so that users can have more options. Since you're using Windows 10 on a Mac computer,
    kindly make sure your device has a precision touchpad. If you're using Windows 10 on your Mac computer, you can easily check if it has a precision touchpad by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, choose Mouse & touchpad.
    • Check if you can see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad. If so, you will see different gesture options.

If you cannot see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad, you can still check if your computer has multi-gesture options. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Settings), and then click Run.
    • In the Run textbox, type main.cpl.
    • If you can see an extra tab beside the Hardware tab, your computer has multi-gesture options. You can access that tab to see if you'll be able to remove the swipe gestures.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Swipe gestures

When I go to devices, all it shows it mouse. No touchpad. And when I try the 2nd option, there is nothing next to the hardware tab except for SetPoint(a Logitech thing)

Patrick O'Connor1622, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Swipe gestures

In the previous versions of Windows 10, the mouse and touchpad options were separated. The options for mouse and touchpad became one starting from the Anniversary Update (version 1607). Just to clarify, what is the version and OS Build of your Windows 10?
    To determine the version and build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select System.
    • On the left pane, choose About.

You also mentioned that you saw a tab on the Properties window of your touchpad which says, "SetPoint". We would like to know the contents of that tab. Please post a screenshot here for us to know if the contents of the "SetPoint" tab are the multi-gesture
    options.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Swipe gesture for Start Menu - Similar Threads - Swipe gesture Start

2. All-in-One Media Keyboard swipe gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All-in-One Media Keyboard swipe gestures not working: When I first got this keyboard, I did not read the instructions and stuff so I didn't know about the gestures that came with the keyboard. One day, I decided to read the manual and realised that there was swipe gestures. When I tried to use the swipe gestures however, they...
  3. All-in-One Media Keyboard swipe gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All-in-One Media Keyboard swipe gestures not working: When I first got this keyboard, I did not read the instructions and stuff so I didn't know about the gestures that came with the keyboard. One day, I decided to read the manual and realised that there was swipe gestures. When I tried to use the swipe gestures however, they...
  4. How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Three-finger Swipe Gesture is a great way to add a shortcut to your Touchpad. You can swipe using your three fingers to do a certain task. In this post, we will see how to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10 computers. Let us go to the guide. Change...
  5. Disable swipe gesture for closing full screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable swipe gesture for closing full screen Windows 11: Dear,I want to disable the ability to go out of a program that is in full screen. You can go in full screen with F11 and go out of it, but with a touchscreen you can swipe with your finger from top to bottom to go out of the full screen.I want to disable this, so you can't...
  6. Disable swipe gesture for closing full screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable swipe gesture for closing full screen Windows 11: Dear,I want to disable the ability to go out of a program that is in full screen. You can go in full screen with F11 and go out of it, but with a touchscreen you can swipe with your finger from top to bottom to go out of the full screen.I want to disable this, so you can't...
  7. How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?: these annoying swipe gestures are destroying the ability to use Windows productively - every time I move the cursor to the right it minimizes all open windows and opens the "New Desktop" thing that I have no use for and I have to fight with it to reopen he previous window,...
  8. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  9. April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem: This new update changed the behavior of 3 fingers swiping gesture, let's suppose I have 3 opened programs, chrome(has focus) firefox and a folder, when I used to swipe with three fingers, it goes from chrome to firefox, and when I swipe again it goes BACK to chrome, but now...
  10. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10: Hi Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with...