Windows 10: Swipe Typing

Discus and support Swipe Typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was happily using swipe typing on the on-screen keyboard until I wasn't. I don't know why I am no longer able to swipe type. Can anyone tell me how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KMF68, Dec 5, 2021.

1. KMF68 Win User

Swipe Typing

I was happily using swipe typing on the on-screen keyboard until I wasn't. I don't know why I am no longer able to swipe type. Can anyone tell me how to get it back? Win 10

:)

KMF68, Dec 5, 2021

2. Swipe typing isn't working.

Hi,

Trying restarting the phone. Some setting may be in a less than optimal state when the power forced the shutdown. To restart your phone, press and hold the Power
    Swipe Typing [​IMG]
    button
    until you see Slide down to power off, then swipe down. (This usually takes about 3 seconds.) Once it's off, press the Power
    Swipe Typing [​IMG]
    button
    to turn on your phone again.

Nect thing you want to do is to verify that the Word Flow (what Microsoft calls their swipe feature) is enabled. In the App
    list
    , tap Settings
    Swipe Typing [​IMG]
    > Keyboard,
    then tap the keyboard that you are using. Make sure that the last option, "Type as I swipe through letters" is enabled.

Christopher Miller, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Swipe typing isn't working.

Im using a nokia lumia icon with the 8.1 update. I cant use swipe and i dont get suggestions anymore. Last night my phone turned off because of low battery. Ever since Ive been having issues. Also, when typing on here with my phone, i can only type one
    word at a time. I have to press the back button on the phone so the keyboard collapse and then tap the screen, type a word, press back again etc... Just imagine how long this took me!

drossliveonmsft, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Swipe Typing

New way to swipe between YouTube videos on iOS

Source: Announcement: New way to swipe between videos on iOS (6S and above) - YouTube Community

Brink, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Swipe Typing

1. Swipe Typing - Similar Threads - Swipe Typing

2. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  3. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  4. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I use swipe typing on my Windows 11 on-screen keypad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use swipe typing on my Windows 11 on-screen keypad?: Can I use swipe typing on my Windows 11 on-screen keypad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-swipe-typing-on-my-windows-11-on-screen/ec664f5f-843c-403f-8700-570cccca1017
  6. Can I use swipe typing on my Windows 11 on-screen keypad?

Can I use swipe typing on my Windows 11 on-screen keypad?: Can I use swipe typing on my Windows 11 on-screen keypad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-swipe-typing-on-my-windows-11-on-screen/ec664f5f-843c-403f-8700-570cccca1017
  7. Seperate number row in on-screen keyboard with swipe typing support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seperate number row in on-screen keyboard with swipe typing support: Currently, i can either use the default layout without dedicated number row and have swipe typing, or use traditional layout with dedicated number row and miss swipe typing. This makes both of them pretty unproductive for me. Ideally, I would have preferred default layout...
  8. Seperate number row in on-screen keyboard with swipe typing support

Seperate number row in on-screen keyboard with swipe typing support: Currently, i can either use the default layout without dedicated number row and have swipe typing, or use traditional layout with dedicated number row and miss swipe typing. This makes both of them pretty unproductive for me. Ideally, I would have preferred default layout...
  9. number row with on screen keyboard without losing swipe typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    number row with on screen keyboard without losing swipe typing: Currently, i can either use the default layout without dedicated number row and have swipe typing, or use traditional layout with dedicated number row and miss swipe typing. This makes both of them pretty unproductive for me. Ideally, I would have preferred default layout...
  10. number row with on screen keyboard without losing swipe typing

number row with on screen keyboard without losing swipe typing: Currently, i can either use the default layout without dedicated number row and have swipe typing, or use traditional layout with dedicated number row and miss swipe typing. This makes both of them pretty unproductive for me. Ideally, I would have preferred default layout...