Windows 10: Swiping from the left erases words in Word, leaves symbols elsewhere!

Discus and support Swiping from the left erases words in Word, leaves symbols elsewhere! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had an utterly bizarre problem ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, and it persists now after the Windows 10 update. My computer is a Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Toth, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Toth Win User

Swiping from the left erases words in Word, leaves symbols elsewhere!

I have had an utterly bizarre problem ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, and it persists now after the Windows 10 update. My computer is a Lenovo Ideapad, with an Alps touchpad. Here's the issue:

If I unintentionally swipe across the touchpad from the left as I begin to use it, it will (silently!) erase whatever word is just behind the cursor. That's in Microsoft Word. If I'm in another application -- say Notepad -- it will instead leave one of those little rectangular boxes that indicate a character that won't display.

I haven't seen any discussion of this problem anywhere. All my drivers are updated. The system claims to be entirely current. And yet this maddening bug persists.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or work around it?

Thanks,
    TR

:)

2. [ Pete ] Win User

How Do I Add A Word to the Suggested Dictionary?

Simply type the word into a text message or email followed by a space or punctuation mark. The unknown word will appear with a red underline. Tap the word, and you will get the word appear in your suggestion bar with a '+' symbol to the left. Tap the word
    in the suggestion bar to add the word to your dictionary.

[ Pete ], Dec 31, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    People App Windows phone display not centered

Just looked at three different Lumias. On all three the word 'people' slides from side to side as you swipe from people to family room to what's new. The word is not centered on the page, it is left justified.

When you look at the contact list it is normal to see a sliver of the page to the right.

garym123, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

Swiping from the left erases words in Word, leaves symbols elsewhere!

1. Swiping from the left erases words in Word, leaves symbols elsewhere! - Similar Threads - Swiping left erases

2. Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words: when using swipe keyboard I am unable to type some common/basic words like "jail" and "death".Swipe texting the word "jail" ends up typing "jailed" with no "jail" in the suggestions and swipe texting "death" ends up inputting a skull emoji with no suggestion for the word...
  3. Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words: when using swipe keyboard I am unable to type some common/basic words like "jail" and "death".Swipe texting the word "jail" ends up typing "jailed" with no "jail" in the suggestions and swipe texting "death" ends up inputting a skull emoji with no suggestion for the word...
  4. my cmd is showing ??? symbols instead of words

my cmd is showing ??? symbols instead of words: my cmd is showing ??? symbols instead of words https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cmd-is-showing-symbols-instead-of-words/0795b228-4893-4396-8084-3f7a869f9cd6
  5. my cmd is showing ??? symbols instead of words

in Windows 10 Customization
    my cmd is showing ??? symbols instead of words: my cmd is showing ??? symbols instead of words https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cmd-is-showing-symbols-instead-of-words/0795b228-4893-4396-8084-3f7a869f9cd6
  6. How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?: I'm recruited for teaching MS word to some... actually I don't know whom... 30+ govt job peopleI need to prepare my notes for the same.I've found the symbol for "Return" key in "Insert\Symbol" but can't find the symbol for Tab which is ... hmmmm.... I really don't know how to...
  7. How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?

How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?: I'm recruited for teaching MS word to some... actually I don't know whom... 30+ govt job peopleI need to prepare my notes for the same.I've found the symbol for "Return" key in "Insert\Symbol" but can't find the symbol for Tab which is ... hmmmm.... I really don't know how to...
  8. Ultimate word games erased my progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate word games erased my progress: I've been playing word games for years. I have many badges and many achievements and many awards. I done all the extras and all the maps. Today it all erased? This app told me there's an update so I updated it plus it wasn't saving to the cloud for some reason so I enabled...
  9. inserting symbols in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    inserting symbols in Word: I cannot get "more symbols" to open in my Word program; I get the "frequently or recently used" selection but when I click on "more symbols" nothing happens. Pls advise. Thanks!...
  10. Ctrl+Backspace inserts a small box instead of erasing the word to the left

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+Backspace inserts a small box instead of erasing the word to the left: It used to delete the word to the left of the cursor in explorer.exe web browsers, etc. I was thinking it might have been my english canada language pack so I re installed english us but that didnt work any suiggestions?...