Windows 10: Switch a pin to a password . . .

Discus and support Switch a pin to a password . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Way back when. I setup a PIN.To get onto my computer.I would like to, delete the pin.And, use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Switch a pin to a password . . .

My computer is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Way back when. I setup a PIN.To get onto my computer.I would like to, delete the pin.And, use a password.Please explain, how to do it?Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 15, 2021
  3. S24_Mike Win User
    How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

If you get to step #5 and find that there is no option to remove the pin, this worked for me:

• Click "I forgot my PIN"
    • Enter your account password where prompted
    • When prompted to create a new PIN, click "Cancel"

This removed the existing PIN and went back to using the account password to log in and unlock the lock screen.

S24_Mike, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Switch a pin to a password . . .

How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

LarksKatydids, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Switch a pin to a password . . .

1. Switch a pin to a password . . . - Similar Threads - Switch pin password

2. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  3. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  4. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......: Hello,I used to enter netplwiz and I could chose from sign-in with or without password/pin ... gone!I used to be able to change from signing in with password or pin ... gone! settings > accounts > sign-in optionsThere is only that strange "Hello" stuff, which seems to be...
  6. How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch from a Password to a PIN: This may seem like a strange question but, I used to have a PIN, which worked quite well until Windows 10 Pro Crashed 4-times in one month, due to numerous power failures here in our part of the Philippines, which caused my Motherboard to eventually fail. Once I got the new...
  7. Switch from password to pin sign in.

Switch from password to pin sign in.: I cant seem to get my Windows 10 computer to allow me to use a pin. Ive followed the instructions to add a pin but it still requires a password. I actually had a pin access until I reset my computer. Now it wont let me do it. I deleted my old pin and added a new one but...
  8. Pin switching to password after reboot

Pin switching to password after reboot: So I was changing up my settings on a wacom tablet software for the tablet and i decided to restart the PC. I was then met with a password login instead of a PIN login. The thing is that i dont remember making a password. Can anyone tell me a way to revert back to pin...
  9. switch to Pin

switch to Pin: Hello everyone in the community, my question is how do I use a Pin and not Password. I want to use Pin because it is shorter and faster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-to-pin/a95991b5-41ef-470b-bc7a-4769da9478e8
  10. laptop switched from pin to password

laptop switched from pin to password: Hi My laptop (lynx) recently restarted several times without a restart being selected and the after another restart has switched from a pin code to a password, i have reset my Microsoft account password several times and each new password fails, if the password is an...