Windows 10: Switch Administrator

Discus and support Switch Administrator in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How can I switch administrator from one person to another? My husband's laptop now belongs to me.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by roadwarrior2000, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Switch Administrator

How can I switch administrator from one person to another? My husband's laptop now belongs to me.

:)

roadwarrior2000, Sep 17, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Sep 17, 2019
  4. ddelo Win User

Switch Administrator

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Switch Administrator :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Switch Administrator

1. Switch Administrator - Similar Threads - Switch Administrator

2. Switch administrators without losing all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch administrators without losing all files: My mom has been using my old desktop and apparently all the files she had on. It was copying onto my gaming PC desktop. I need to find a way to remove myself as administrator without deleting all of her files. I already created an account for her and her account administrator...
  3. Switch administrators without losing all files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch administrators without losing all files: My mom has been using my old desktop and apparently all the files she had on. It was copying onto my gaming PC desktop. I need to find a way to remove myself as administrator without deleting all of her files. I already created an account for her and her account administrator...
  4. Switch administrators without losing all files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. switching administration

switching administration: So, I want to switch administrations to another email. I don't know how to do this, and I would want to keep everything that I already have on this email. So I want nothing to change except my emails. Is this possible? If so, how?...
  6. switching administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching administration: So, I want to switch administrations to another email. I don't know how to do this, and I would want to keep everything that I already have on this email. So I want nothing to change except my emails. Is this possible? If so, how?...
  7. Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode: I switched out from windows 11 home S mode. It went OK, but now I had to perform an administrator level task disabling core integration and I could not. I am the only user of the computer, and the account info says I am administrator. Still, the disable button is inactive and...
  8. Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode

Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode: I switched out from windows 11 home S mode. It went OK, but now I had to perform an administrator level task disabling core integration and I could not. I am the only user of the computer, and the account info says I am administrator. Still, the disable button is inactive and...
  9. How do I switch to Account that we can log in, how do I remove the Administrator “run” on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch to Account that we can log in, how do I remove the Administrator “run” on...: How do I reset my PC to remove the Admin Access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-to-account-that-we-can-log-in-how/22d5bf5c-0c89-42a3-ba7f-9328153464ad
  10. How do I switch to Account that we can log in, how do I remove the Administrator “run” on...

How do I switch to Account that we can log in, how do I remove the Administrator “run” on...: How do I reset my PC to remove the Admin Access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-to-account-that-we-can-log-in-how/22d5bf5c-0c89-42a3-ba7f-9328153464ad