Windows 10: Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do?

Discus and support Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop pc is also functions as a htpc. I also have two lcd monitors. In previous windows 7, i could do flip3d to go through each app. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by madmax2, Aug 12, 2016.

1. madmax2 Win User

Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do?

My desktop pc is also functions as a htpc.
    I also have two lcd monitors.

In previous windows 7, i could do flip3d to go through each app.

I have a remote control I use for my media playback/kodi etc..
    I assigned a key to flip3d (windows key + tab), so that I can easy switch apps.

E.g. the current focused app is a browser
    I press the switch app key on my remote to go bring the media player in focus so that I can watch my media/movies etc..

But in this version of windows 10, i press that same key will give the newer crappy app swticher that shows
    all apps on desktop 1 and all apps on desktop 2 (and in my case monitor 1 and monitor 2).

The problem is if my media player is on desktop 2, there is no way i can select it unless i pressed the TAB key.
    else I can only select apps on desktop 1.

But my remote control is very limited number of buttons so I can't assign another key as a TAB key.
    Plus I don't want to if I could since it as waste of a key on the remote and the older flip3d was so much better.

===

I have also tried assign the key as (ALT+TAB) but it does not work all that great when assigned to a remote control key button.
    I works more better when u use it on a keyboard, since u can hold that the ALT key down while pressing TAB.
    This cannot be done on a remote control.

So what is the suggestion to fix this problem?
    ==

A picture of my remote control

Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do? [​IMG]

:)

madmax2, Aug 12, 2016
  2. dueckerh Win User

Open Apps on a Windows 10 Phone

Is there a way to see all open apps on a Windows 10 phone, and then switch between apps?

dueckerh, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Invalid value for registry when opening videos (.AVI, .MP4)

Try changing what video player you open it opens up in, that's what solved it for me. Not the above crap.

I think it was set to open up videos automatically in that windows 10 player app I changed it to VLC player and now it works fine

Afffffffffsdf, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do?

1. Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do? - Similar Threads - Switch Between Open

2. Switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7: On my machine, I have installed Windows 7 and Windows 10. How to switch between operating systems without restarting computer? 131017
  3. my cursor disappears when switching between open apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    my cursor disappears when switching between open apps: When I have multiple pages on the desktop open one disappears when switching between the open apps. How do I fix this in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-disappears-when-switching-between-open/e71af598-723d-4e5d-bdbf-274840731113
  4. window 10 absulute crap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 10 absulute crap: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit first it just upgraded to win 10 didn't work properly second time refused to get past certain screens then another install fresh no upgrade will not activate think I will go back to win 7 ultimate utter crap...
  5. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  6. Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications: I have been using Windows 10 successfully on my HP laptop since I bought it, and in particular clicking on the taskbar icons to switch between open applications. Sometime yesterday evening, for no apparent reason, this facility has ceased to work. Having found previous...
  7. switching between gamertags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching between gamertags: I have managed to aquire 3 gamertags. Can I amalgamate them and if not how do I switch gamertag fromthe default one the system uses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/switching-between-gamertags/6eebb6b5-f66a-43a1-a065-b8dde9290726
  8. Switching between full screen apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between full screen apps: I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen load another app now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want in 10 go to start screen load app and use...
  9. Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones: Thanks! I didn't know this, and was kind of annoyed that I couldn't find any way to manage the apps... 8200
  10. I can't switch between screens in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't switch between screens in Windows 10: I use Alt+Tab to switch between screens. Sometimes, it won't work and I will re-start my computer and I may have to do that multiple times before it works normally. I do notice that when it isn't working, I can't use the taskbar either to switch between screens (programs). I...