Windows 10: Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do?

Discus and support Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop pc is also functions as a htpc. I also have two lcd monitors. In previous windows 7, i could do flip3d to go through each app. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by madmax2, Aug 12, 2016.

1. madmax2 Win User

Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do?

My desktop pc is also functions as a htpc.
    I also have two lcd monitors.

In previous windows 7, i could do flip3d to go through each app.

I have a remote control I use for my media playback/kodi etc..
    I assigned a key to flip3d (windows key + tab), so that I can easy switch apps.

E.g. the current focused app is a browser
    I press the switch app key on my remote to go bring the media player in focus so that I can watch my media/movies etc..

But in this version of windows 10, i press that same key will give the newer crappy app swticher that shows
    all apps on desktop 1 and all apps on desktop 2 (and in my case monitor 1 and monitor 2).

The problem is if my media player is on desktop 2, there is no way i can select it unless i pressed the TAB key.
    else I can only select apps on desktop 1.

But my remote control is very limited number of buttons so I can't assign another key as a TAB key.
    Plus I don't want to if I could since it as waste of a key on the remote and the older flip3d was so much better.

===

I have also tried assign the key as (ALT+TAB) but it does not work all that great when assigned to a remote control key button.
    I works more better when u use it on a keyboard, since u can hold that the ALT key down while pressing TAB.
    This cannot be done on a remote control.

So what is the suggestion to fix this problem?
    ==

A picture of my remote control

Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do? [​IMG]

:)

madmax2, Aug 12, 2016
  2. dueckerh Win User

Open Apps on a Windows 10 Phone

Is there a way to see all open apps on a Windows 10 phone, and then switch between apps?

dueckerh, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Invalid value for registry when opening videos (.AVI, .MP4)

Try changing what video player you open it opens up in, that's what solved it for me. Not the above crap.

I think it was set to open up videos automatically in that windows 10 player app I changed it to VLC player and now it works fine

Afffffffffsdf, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do?

1. Switch Between Open Apps is crap in windows 10 (HTPC), what to do? - Similar Threads - Switch Between Open

2. Windows 11 Switching between open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Switching between open programs: I have both and new computer and am new to Windows 11.With Windows 10, I used to click the program on the task bar and the computer would show me that program or excel file on my monitor.With Windows 11, sometimes if I hover, then click the thing that shows up the computer...
  3. Windows 11 Switching between open programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Switching between open programs: I have both and new computer and am new to Windows 11.With Windows 10, I used to click the program on the task bar and the computer would show me that program or excel file on my monitor.With Windows 11, sometimes if I hover, then click the thing that shows up the computer...
  4. Switching between apps automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between apps automatically: I have a new ASUS laptop and when I open something like File Explorer and then select one of the files, frequently from the open file, I pop back to the File Explorer list. How do I stop this?...
  5. Switching between apps automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between apps automatically: I have a new ASUS laptop and when I open something like File Explorer and then select one of the files, frequently from the open file, I pop back to the File Explorer list. How do I stop this?...
  6. Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App: Hey guys, I hope everyone is keeping well! Does anyone know if there is a way to instantly switch and open the last opened app? any hacks included, regedit ect E.g: there's 12 apps open. Using either a shortcut or touchpad gesture, instantly switch between app A & C, C & A...
  7. UsbDeviceSignalHandler open when switching between Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UsbDeviceSignalHandler open when switching between Windows: I noticed that for some time I have that weird invisible window or something named USB device signal handler. I can't find it in processes what starts to worry me, that I got some **** or some USB problem I'm not aware of. I did notice any change since this thing appears is...
  8. my cursor disappears when switching between open apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    my cursor disappears when switching between open apps: When I have multiple pages on the desktop open one disappears when switching between the open apps. How do I fix this in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-disappears-when-switching-between-open/e71af598-723d-4e5d-bdbf-274840731113
  9. Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Switch Between Apps on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Many apps can run at the same time on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, and there's an easy way to switch between the apps you've used most...
  10. Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10: How to: Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task view. Task view is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple...