Windows 10: Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?

Discus and support Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win10-1803. My set up: I have 2 screens: 1, my laptop, and 2, an HDMI TV. Screen 2 is extended desktop. What I do: Move the mouse between 1 & 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?

Win10-1803.

My set up:

I have 2 screens: 1, my laptop, and 2, an HDMI TV.

Screen 2 is extended desktop.

What I do:

Move the mouse between 1 & 2. -- too much mouse distance.

What I'd prefer:

Hit a keyboard key to switch between 1 & 2.

The mouse jumpping with the focus switch is optional -- I could live without it.

Simple mouse acceleration would not be the preferred solution.

Any ideas? I've searched but not found Joy.

Thanks in Advance,

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Nov 16, 2019
  2. smestep Win User

keyboard on laptop not working after upgrade, had to switch to on screen keyboard.

keyboard on laptop not working after upgrade, had to switch to on screen keyboard. suggestions?

smestep, Nov 16, 2019
  3. On-screen keyboard

Hi Chris, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you run the automatic troubleshooter to diagnose and fix issues that you can encounter with your On-Screen Keyboard. Do the following steps, please:

Start menu -choose Settings (the gear icon)

Select Update & Security, and then select Troubleshoot.

Find Keyboard on the list.

Click on it, and click the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.

NighthawkX, Nov 16, 2019
  4. JP2016 Win User

Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?

Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?

1. Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible? - Similar Threads - Switch between screens

2. Is it possible to switch between OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to switch between OS?: If persay I have a mac OS bootable usb drive and I plugged it into my windows 10 pc, could I like possibly use windows 10 at one time and switch to mac OS whenever I want? I'm also wondering if this same logic would work for other bootable usb drives like ubuntu, linux, etc....
  3. Is it possible to switch between OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to switch between OS?: If persay I have a mac OS bootable usb drive and I plugged it into my windows 10 pc, could I like possibly use windows 10 at one time and switch to mac OS whenever I want? I'm also wondering if this same logic would work for other bootable usb drives like ubuntu, linux, etc....
  4. Is it possible to switch between OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices: Can the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Part #: QSZ-00001 be paired with two devices ie my own personal PC and the work laptop the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse as a pairing/switching button underneath and can switch between 3 devices that its paired to but the keyboard does not...
  6. Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?: Hi, I have three screens connected to my PC, 1 x TV and 2 x TFT's.I'd like to be able to automatically switch between different screens as being primary whilst disabling the others via double click on, perhaps, a batch file.Essentially I would like to be able to have three...
  7. Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?

Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?: Hi, I have three screens connected to my PC, 1 x TV and 2 x TFT's.I'd like to be able to automatically switch between different screens as being primary whilst disabling the others via double click on, perhaps, a batch file.Essentially I would like to be able to have three...
  8. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  9. Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...: Galaxy book has this function where if you fold back the attached keyboard it would automatically switch to tablet mode and disable the keyboard; if you flip it back flat it would immediately come back to desktop mode and keyboard's backlight would come up. However after...
  10. Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.: Hi folks. I'm looking for a way to switch between HDMI and my laptop screen. Preferably a quick keyboard shortcut. I have my laptop connected to my tv screen always, however, sometimes when i'm gaming on the tv i'll have to disconnect my HDMI to access my laptop screen,...