Windows 10: Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal

Discus and support Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I accidently opened a file with WinRAR and now everything that I download is a WinRAR File I am wondering how I can change It back to the normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BluePickle151, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal

Hi I accidently opened a file with WinRAR and now everything that I download is a WinRAR File I am wondering how I can change It back to the normal file.

:)

BluePickle151, Sep 28, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

.rar file to winRAR

Hi G41axyX

Do you have WinRAR installed on your PC?

If so: right click a RAR, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rar . . .'

If WinRAR is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if WinRAR is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the WinRAR executable . . .

DaveM121, Sep 28, 2020
  3. G41axyX Win User
    .rar file to winRAR

windows has .rar files to notepad and I cant switch it to be compatable with WinRAR.

G41axyX, Sep 28, 2020
  4. slance310 Win User

Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal

strange winrar files on desktop

Hi,

It sounds like the WinRar files you mention are the files extracted from DirectX Runtime_June 2010_Redist.. You should find a file with the same name in C:\Windows\System32, although it will be the installed file, not the WinRar file..

There are multiple files in this package, but I don't know if there are 60.. My folder with these files has 160 files..

You would install them as a package by double clicking the DXSETUP..

Is it possible that the files are in the Recycle Bin and is the possible reason they do not appear on your normal Desktop..

slance310, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal

1. Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal - Similar Threads - Switch file downloads

2. WinRAR download website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR download website: which is the real WinRAR official website? https://www.win-rar.com or https://www.rarlab.com I downloaded the installer in win-rar. Then I uploaded my Downloads folder in Google Drive then downloaded it to the other computer. But upon downloading, Google Drive flagged an...
  3. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinRAR Download: Hello, I have a question with WinRAR. When I started to download WinRAR, a message pops up saying "Do you want this app to make changes for your device". I was somewhat afraid of downloading WinRAR because I thought if I click "Yes" it might mess up the whole computer. I have...
  4. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRAR Download: Hello, I have a question with WinRAR. When I started to download WinRAR, a message pops up saying "Do you want this app to make changes for your device". I was somewhat afraid of downloading WinRAR because I thought if I click "Yes" it might mess up the whole computer. I have...
  5. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  7. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  8. WinRAR and java files

WinRAR and java files: I have WinRAR installed, but it automatically associates .jar files as WinRAR files. Everybody says check .JAR files in integrations, but that doesn't work for me. Anybody know how to fix? submitted by /u/Greenwing393 [link] [comments]...
  9. Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :(((

Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :(((: Hi. I need help!!! I downloaded a version of WinRaR from PB and it contained a virus. As soon as it launched, it completely erased Windows Defender. I can't initiate Windows Defender at all. It basically doesn't exist. On the "Security at a Glance" page, there is nothing....
  10. which winRAR to download?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    which winRAR to download?: So I've got a new PC and I need to download winRAR but I have no idea which version I need? There's the x32 bit and the x64 bit, not sure if it matters which one i choose to download and install. Here's the link for the site I'm getting the download from:...