Windows 10: Switch Free to OneDrive for Business from Box, Dropbox, or Google

Discus and support Switch Free to OneDrive for Business from Box, Dropbox, or Google in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OneDrive makes sharing and file management easier in the cloud, enabling people to securely store, access, and share their files and photos from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Switch Free to OneDrive for Business from Box, Dropbox, or Google

Learn more about this offer and start your transition to OneDrive.

Customers accelerating their digital transformation with OneDrive

More than 350,000 organizations now have OneDrive, and the growth has been amazing. Just in 2017, OneDrive storage and file sync usage have both tripled. This includes organizations large and small that are using OneDrive to:

• Improve creativity and teamwork, from the corner office to the Firstline WorkforceAccenture uses OneDrive for their 400,000 employees as they travel the globe, accessing over two petabytes of files in the cloud across their devices. Lowe’s recently rolled out OneDrive to 260,000 employees—empowering them to share with colleagues and customers across their 2,200 retail stores.
    • Leverage the security, agility, and intelligence of the Microsoft CloudDBS Bank made the switch knowing Microsoft invests more in cloud security than a traditional bank could, and Land O’Lakes removed their need for multiple cloud storage providers by moving to OneDrive, giving them a managed solution to better protect their data.
    • Manage costs by moving to a single integrated solution with Office 365Rackspace is saving over $411,000 a year by retiring their previous cloud storage provider in favor of OneDrive, and Textron is making the switch to OneDrive to get the improved governance they desire at a substantially lower cost.
    If you want to see more reasons why customers choose OneDrive over Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive, check out our comparison chart.

Groundbreaking OneDrive product innovations

In addition to making it easier to switch, OneDrive is also leading with new innovations. At the Microsoft Ignite conference, we showcased over one hundred OneDrive features and enhancements delivered in the past year and announced new upcoming capabilities. Many of these have rolled out to customers, including:

• Secured external file sharing without the need for a Microsoft account, giving users an easier way to share externally while providing IT departments visibility and control of what’s being shared. Learn more at the OneDrive Tech Community.
    • Support for browsing and managing all your files in OneDrive and SharePoint Online team sites without using local disk space with OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10. For more details, read “OneDrive Files On-Demand for the Enterprise.”
    • Powerful multi-geo capabilities for OneDrive for Business in Office 365 to support the data residency requirements of multinational organizations.
    • Files Restore, a self-service recovery solution for OneDrive for Business files compromised due to accidental deletion, file corruption, or malware infection.
    • Making Office and OneDrive the best place to work on iOS with real-time co-authoring on Office documents, drag and drop support, and integration with the Apple Files app. Visit the OneDrive Tech Community to learn more.
    Analyst recognition

As we continue to innovate the product and grow our customer base, analysts are taking note. Microsoft was recently recognized as a leader by Forrester Research in their report, The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync and Share Platforms—Cloud Solutions, Q4 2017. In addition to being positioned as a leader, Microsoft was ranked highest in current offering and tied for second in strategy. Microsoft was also recognized as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync and Share Platforms—Hybrid Solutions, Q4 2017 report. You can read more and get your own copy of the Forrester Research report.

Gartner also recognized Microsoft as a leader in their Magic Quadrant for Content Collaboration Platforms and the highest of all the leaders in our ability to execute. You can read more and get your own copy of the Gartner report.

As you can see from these customer stories and analyst reviews, OneDrive with Office 365 isn’t just a cloud storage solution. It’s a core ingredient of the modern workplace. I look forward to hearing more about your success as you make the switch to OneDrive and Office 365!

—Ron Markezich

Source: Make the switch to OneDrive for improved productivity and cost savings - Office Blogs

:)

Brink, Feb 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Frequent BSOD Kernel Secy Check Failures on Win 10

Hi, do you have an account with DropBox or OneDrive?

If not, google how to open an account and share files, it is free . . .

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2018
  3. Sanwin2 Win User
    Document transferring

An alternative is to use one of the many free 'cloud' storage facilities to transfer the files.

Onedrive, Dropbox, Amazon Cloud, Google Cloud to name but four.

Sanwin2, Feb 5, 2018
Thema:

Switch Free to OneDrive for Business from Box, Dropbox, or Google

1. Switch Free to OneDrive for Business from Box, Dropbox, or Google - Similar Threads - Switch Free OneDrive

2. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...: Hello,I am trying to move all my files from one school/business account to another school/business account on onedrive.I have partially moved some folders manually on the desktop, but I have several large files that I do not keep synced on my desktop and store only online. I...
  3. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  4. Problems with Free/Busy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Free/Busy: Background 2 sites Site A - Online Exchange Office 356 Site B - On-Premise Exchange 2013 Fully patched on 2012 R2The organization relationship was set up and working we could see Free/Busy both ways. All of a sudden Site B can no longer see site A's status but Site A can see...
  5. Problems with Free/Busy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Free/Busy: Background 2 sites Site A - Online Exchange Office 356 Site B - On-Premise Exchange 2013 Fully patched on 2012 R2The organization relationship was set up and working we could see Free/Busy both ways. All of a sudden Site B can no longer see site A's status but Site A can see...
  6. How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu: [ATTACH]If you want to add or remove Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive from the context menu, then this article will show you how to get […] This article How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox): Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop and my user folder....
  8. OneDrive Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  9. Disable Dropbox and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Dropbox and Google Drive: I have two users on my laptop, they are both me, one when I'm home, my laptop is connected to a 22" monitor and I use it like a desktop computer. My other user is when I travel, so that has very few apps on the desktop and in the taskbar. When I'm on wifi in a hotel I don't...
  10. Dropbox or Jack in box?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dropbox or Jack in box?: Have been struggling to remove Dropbox, but despite whatever I do, it pops up again as per attachment. Can anyone help me get rid of it? Please! 70012