Windows 10: switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

Discus and support switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My new computer came with a 30 day trial version of McAfee. I do not wish to use it and want to turn windows firewall and defender back on. I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeggyClark1, Feb 25, 2020.

1. switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

My new computer came with a 30 day trial version of McAfee. I do not wish to use it and want to turn windows firewall and defender back on. I can turn off McAfee firewall, but I can't seem to find how to turn defender and firewall on. McAfee seems to be blocking every access point. I wan to leave McAfee on until I know the win 10 firewall and defender are working correctly.

:)

PeggyClark1, Feb 25, 2020
  2. jackecson Win User

Windows Defender Firewall

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell desktop. This set-up came with a McAfee firewall installed (trial offer, I guess). I uninstalled McAfee (using McAfee's removal tool) so I could use Windows Defender firewall. Now it appears I have neither. The below screenshot
    shows the McAfee firewall is still installed and the Windows Defender firewall cannot be turned on because I'm using another firewall provider. The setup>programs and apps>uninstall routine does not list McAfee as a program to be uninstalled. Services does
    not list McAfee as a service to be turned off. How can I get this logjam fixed?

jackecson, Feb 25, 2020
  3. JOELINDA Win User
    WINDOWS FIREWALL

I REMOVED MCAFEE FROM MY COMPUTER.

BUT WHEN I CHECK MY FIREWALL SETTINGS IT STILL SAYS MCAFEE (SHOWS FIREWALL IS OFF)

AND I CANNOT SWITCH TO TURN ON WINDOWS DEFENDER FIREWALL

I TREIED RE-INSTALLING MCAFEE

BUT IT COMES UP WITH AN ERROR MESSAGE CANT INSTALL

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

JOELINDA, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Sagatious Win User

switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

Windows Firewall/McAfee Firewall one and the same?

I am having many problems with my machine. Example Start button, search and Edge do not work.

I looked in "Services" and found the following.

McAfee Firewall.....ON

Windows Firewall..ON

Windows Defender.....OFF

Believing there may be a conflict I attempted to turn OFF the Windows Firewall BUT

was told if I turned off "Windows Firewall" then McAfee Firewall will also NOT work.

Does anyone know IF both Firewalls should show to be ON?

Thanks

Sag

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

Sagatious, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

1. switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender - Similar Threads - switch McAfee firewall

2. Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Firewall: Got an email saying my Defender Firewall subscription was auto renewed for $199.99. I don't have a subscription and how was I charged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-firewall/a4c2b7e0-2e4c-4800-aec0-1c69d0b0fed6
  3. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  4. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  5. Windows 10 Defender Firewall

Windows 10 Defender Firewall: I received an email from Roger Harmelink of Windows Defender Firewall. It thanked me for an order of the firewall and said the charge was $499.99. I didn't order it. I phoned the number 754-764-1190 given "if you want to cancel this order" and was told that this was an...
  6. defender firewall

defender firewall: I cannot temporarily turn off the firewall. The page that is shown has a button to turn it off but ignores any clicking of the button and does not allow it to be turned off. This is crappy and has me completely stonewalled!!!...
  7. Windows 10 Defender Firewall

Windows 10 Defender Firewall: The Windows 10 Defender firewall appears to becoming more and more of a kluge and obfuscation. Import/export of individual rules appears impossible. Import/export of rules from different versions is a crap shoot - ie going form 1809 to 1909. Even going from 1909 to 1909...
  8. Windows firewall/McAfee

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall/McAfee: It says my Windows firewall is controlled my vendor McAfee. I don't have McAfee. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewallmcafee/9e4e843a-5cdc-4c3e-856b-3fbc6304a666
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. Defender Firewall

Defender Firewall: Is it possible to turn off Windows Defender virus scan but KEEP Defender Firewall? If so how. Thanx McM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defender-firewall/a6fb611b-30bc-45c5-a397-da055b86cc53"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall and mcafee firewall conflict

2. how to turn on windows defender when macfee is on

3. windows defender status when Mc Afee subscription expires

4. how to switch from mcafee to defender lenovo