Windows 10: Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service

Discus and support Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community, Is there a way to switch from the organisation KMS server to the official Microsoft activation service. Currently a PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Prasad_Saber, May 4, 2020.

1. Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service

Dear Microsoft community,

Is there a way to switch from the organisation KMS server to the official Microsoft activation service. Currently a PC is using a custom KMS server and I want to remove the key & the KMS server from that PC and enter a new key and activate using the Microsoft activation service. Can this be done?

:)

Prasad_Saber, May 4, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard won't connect to Windows 10 Pro through Lindy KM Switch after upgrade from Win7 Pro

Hi,

The issue might occur if the device is not compatible with Windows 10. Since you mentioned that it's not working if the keyboard is connected to Lindy KM Switch. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you check if the keyboard will be detected by your
    PC while it’s connected to Lindy KM Switch. Follow the steps below to check:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the arrow button beside Keyboard and look for the name of your keyboard.

If it’s not there, we recommend that you visit Lindy KM Switch’s website to verify if the device you are using is compatible with Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, May 4, 2020
  4. Lmcmncr Win User

Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service

KMS Activation threshold

I am looking into setting up a KMS server vs using a MAK for a small (<100 clients) offline network of PCs with Win10 and Office 2016. I did a lot of web searching (Bing, obviously) but still have a few questions that I was not able to find answers to that
    I was hoping someone could help with.

1. I know KMS has the 25 PC threshold before it will activate any, but what happens on the 26th activation request? Will the KMS server activate the 26th PC or does the threshold count start over and it will wait for 24 more activation requests?
    2. After a re-image, I read that we can use the same MAK to activate Windows 10 using VAMT if we saved the .cilx file as long as there haven’t been any major hardware changes. Is this possible for Office 2016 as well? I haven’t been able to find any
      documentation on it.
    Thank you!

Lmcmncr, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service

1. Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service - Similar Threads - Switch orgsnisation KMS

2. Is activating Windows via KMS Server is legal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is activating Windows via KMS Server is legal?: I activated Windows 8.1 Core with my small company's KMS server. Is this activating legal or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-activating-windows-via-kms-server-is-legal/e58a9e0e-7b47-4715-a0f5-c5b40b69ad1a
  3. Is activating Windows via KMS Server is legal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is activating Windows via KMS Server is legal?: I activated Windows 8.1 Core with my small company's KMS server. Is this activating legal or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-activating-windows-via-kms-server-is-legal/e58a9e0e-7b47-4715-a0f5-c5b40b69ad1a
  4. Activating KMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating KMS: Hello,I have set up KMS on my Windows 2019 Server. I opened the Volume Activation tools, and selected Active Directory-Based Activation as I want the Windows 10/11 key for all workstations. I then put in the KMS key that I have and it activated.But it still does not seem to...
  5. KMS Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KMS Activation: Hello,I've activated Windows 10 on my new PC using my company's KMS activation server. Can my Boss or IT administrators track my activities or change anything on my PC? I used command prompt to connect to the KMS server and install volume license key....
  6. Windows Activation from home without a KMS Server

Windows Activation from home without a KMS Server: At work, we use a KMS server to activate windows for staff. Since the pandemic, they have been working from home but window devices are now requiring an activation key from the KMS server. Is there a way Windows can Activate from home without a KMS Server?...
  7. Help Me Disconnect From The KMS Server (windows 10 kms activation)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Me Disconnect From The KMS Server (windows 10 kms activation): Good evening i recently activated windows 10 pro by watching a tutorial on youtube, not knowing what i was doing. the tutorial explained how to use the CMD to aparently connect to the server 'kms digiboy ir'. After doing some research i didn't find much as to what exactly...
  8. activate from Microsoft servers?

activate from Microsoft servers?: Hi, so if a prebuilt computer that came with an OEM installation of Windows 10 (and a license key on a COA sticker) needs to have Windows 10 installed from scratch, for example on a new system drive, does one still need to activate the new Windows installation with the same...
  9. Disconnect from KMS server?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disconnect from KMS server?: So i activated windows 10 with a kms server with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GMErc8MBjw and i now want to disconnect from the kms server because i realized how possibly they could steal my data. Does anyone know how to disconnect from it ? submitted by...
  10. Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server: [ATTACH] KMS or Key Management Services is usually a Windows Server computer configured to be a KMS host computer by installing the Volume Activation Services role. When an Enterprise uses KMS keys to activate computers, it will need the KMS Host to [...] This post...