Windows 10: Switch from password to pin sign in.

Discus and support Switch from password to pin sign in. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cant seem to get my Windows 10 computer to allow me to use a pin. Ive followed the instructions to add a pin but it still requires a password. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Itinerantteacher, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Switch from password to pin sign in.

I cant seem to get my Windows 10 computer to allow me to use a pin. Ive followed the instructions to add a pin but it still requires a password.

I actually had a pin access until I reset my computer. Now it wont let me do it. I deleted my old pin and added a new one but still no luck.

Help!

:)

Itinerantteacher, Mar 31, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 31, 2021
  4. DanH1042. Win User

Switch from password to pin sign in.

Sign-in screen switches from PIN to Password after reboot

Although I chose to sign into Windows 10 using a PIN, after the laptop is rebooted for any reason, the sign-in screen always switches back to requiring a password. In addition, the sign-in options that allow for switching between Password and PIN that
    should appear below the box where the password or PIN is entered, usually doesn't appear at all. Since they sometimes return randomly after rebooting again, I have to wait for that to happen in order to switch back to signing in with a PIN. Does anyone know
    why this is happening or know a fix for it?

DanH1042., Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Switch from password to pin sign in.

1. Switch from password to pin sign in. - Similar Threads - Switch password pin

2. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  3. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  4. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Switch a pin to a password . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch a pin to a password . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Way back when. I setup a PIN.To get onto my computer.I would like to, delete the pin.And, use a password.Please explain, how to do it?Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......: Hello,I used to enter netplwiz and I could chose from sign-in with or without password/pin ... gone!I used to be able to change from signing in with password or pin ... gone! settings > accounts > sign-in optionsThere is only that strange "Hello" stuff, which seems to be...
  7. How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch from a Password to a PIN: This may seem like a strange question but, I used to have a PIN, which worked quite well until Windows 10 Pro Crashed 4-times in one month, due to numerous power failures here in our part of the Philippines, which caused my Motherboard to eventually fail. Once I got the new...
  8. Sign in Password, then pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in Password, then pin: Is this possible? > Computer booting from OFF not sleep, require full password. then, > Computer waking from sleep, require pin only. I don't want to use pin all the time because it seems like it's less secure having 4 digits to guess rather than an entire password....
  9. No Pin or Password Sign-In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Pin or Password Sign-In: This is just one of many annoying features of Windows. Can someone...ANYONE tell me how to turn this **** off for once and for all? I am the only user and I don't need a password....
  10. laptop switched from pin to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    laptop switched from pin to password: Hi My laptop (lynx) recently restarted several times without a restart being selected and the after another restart has switched from a pin code to a password, i have reset my Microsoft account password several times and each new password fails, if the password is an...