Windows 10: Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 Home without a license to get my machine going, but have a Full windows 10 Pro product key to use not an upgrade and want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jarr7654, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Jarr7654 Win User

Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro

I installed Windows 10 Home without a license to get my machine going, but have a Full windows 10 Pro product key to use not an upgrade and want to switch to that without having to reinstall Windows.

I know you can go Home -> Pro without a reinstall, but can't figure this particular situation out.

:)

Jarr7654, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 14, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Switch unlicensed Home

2. "Upgrading" unlicensed (!) Windows Home to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Upgrading" unlicensed (!) Windows Home to Windows Pro: I am looking at a co-worker's hand-me-down company laptop to see if I could add encryption which is now required for our business. (The boss got the new laptop, the admin gets his old one!). First thing I see is that display has a permanent watermark "Need Windows...
  3. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license: I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different...
  4. Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home: I recently had my computer rebuilt by a friend of a friend. For some reason he has installed an unlicensed version of Windows 10 pro. I had wanted to install the version of Windows 10 Home I had on my old computer since all of its components have been stripped out and it is...
  5. Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Having used Windows versions for many years and Windows 10 since it was first introduced I recently decided to purchase a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. Apart from the delight in having newer faster hardware, my main interest was improving my data privacy and security. I...
  6. Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: My son bought a home built computer from someone that had Windows 10 education / student on it and the license expired. He switched version to Windows Pro that it is no longer active. He bought Windows 10 home and now gets invalid license code....
  7. Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME: I purchased Windows 10 HOME and want to install in on my pc but PRO is listed but I only have product key for HOME. I have tried everything I have seen online to make the change and nothing is working. Help!...
  8. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?: So I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad off eBay from a reputable seller, and it arrived today. It was advertised as having Windows 10 Pro on it, but actually came loaded with Windows 10 Education! It doesn't help matters that the CoA on the bottom of the laptop is for Windows 7 Pro....
  9. How to change windows 10 pro (unlicensed) to windows 10 home from Microsoft

How to change windows 10 pro (unlicensed) to windows 10 home from Microsoft: I buy new notebook with unlicensed windows 10 pro from shop And now I buy windows 10 home How to active a last version Thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-pro-unlicensed-to-windows/a432d3f5-fb9b-4678-9ddd-933261fc940b"
  10. Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro

Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro: I've recently bought a notebook which came with Windows 10 Home. In my Microsoft device list, I also have an inactive Windows 10 Pro licence from another notebook which I wiped and installed linux over. Can I use that inactive (not marked as so, though) licence and add it...