Windows 10: Switch from Windows 10 education edition

Discus and support Switch from Windows 10 education edition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I bought my PC, it was running windows 10 pro, and I've had it for a couple years now, and I have had to sign into my Microsoft account for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesFlips, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Switch from Windows 10 education edition

When I bought my PC, it was running windows 10 pro, and I've had it for a couple years now, and I have had to sign into my Microsoft account for school, but I never changed my operating system. Recently, I noticed that my PC was running Windows 10 education edition. Why did this happen, and is there a way to change it back to Windows 10 pro?

:)

JamesFlips, Oct 9, 2019

2. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Switch from Windows 10 education edition

Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Product codes were listed for Pro Education last time I looked though. Or I'd be running it for a look see.

alphanumeric, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Switch from Windows 10 education edition

1. Switch from Windows 10 education edition - Similar Threads - Switch education edition

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition: I've just bought a new laptop which is already installed Windows 10 Home edition. Then I upgrade to Education edition via product key, But I found It is not good: I cannot search for any apps in Microsoft Store Only apps that provided by university are found,and I have to...
  6. Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition: I've just bought a new laptop which is already installed Windows 10 Home edition. Then I upgrade to Education edition via product key, But I found It is not good: I cannot search for any apps in Microsoft Store Only apps that provided by university are found,and I have to...
  7. Windows 10 Education Edition

Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi all, My wife can get Windows 10 Education Edition through her college. I plan on getting her a custom built desktop. What do I need to do to get windows activated on the new computer? Is it as simple as turning on the new computer, connecting to the internet and...
  8. Change edition from Windows 10 Education to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change edition from Windows 10 Education to Pro: Hello, I have a windows 10 education edition and want to change it to windows 10 pro. I tried to activate it using a product key. But it shows error. I have two product keys - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T and W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX Someone please let me know how...
  9. Windows 10 Education Edition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi I am Faisal Khan from India, and I am student of National Institute of Open Schooling simply NIOS which is the largest Open schooling community currently I am using pirated windows 10 due to restriction of my parents, I want to use genuine window because pirated is very...
  10. Windows 10 Education edition

Windows 10 Education edition: I have an OEM license Windows 7 Home Premium and I upgraded to Windows 10 Home during initial period of Windows 10 free upgrade. My questions are: (1) Can I upgrade again to Windows 10 education edition from Windows 10 Home provided by my university volume licensing? It is...