Windows 10: Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

Discus and support Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad off eBay from a reputable seller, and it arrived today. It was advertised as having Windows 10 Pro on it, but actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EvilDarkCow, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

So I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad off eBay from a reputable seller, and it arrived today.

It was advertised as having Windows 10 Pro on it, but actually came loaded with Windows 10 Education! It doesn't help matters that the CoA on the bottom of the laptop is for Windows 7 Pro.

I would like to switch this out of Education into a more mainstream version of Windows (home or pro, I don't care). I do have a product key and digital license for Home on my desktop, but I don't know if I can use the same license on both PCs. Is there an easy (preferably legal) fix for this, or am I about to be out $150-200 for another Windows 10 license?

submitted by /u/EvilDarkCow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EvilDarkCow, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

Win10 Pro Education

Actually, you can switch back from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro:

To roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

Log in to Microsoft Store for Education with your school or work account, or follow the link from the notification email to turn off the automatic switch.

Select Manage > Benefits and locate the section Windows 10 Pro Education and follow the link.

In the Revert to Windows 10 Pro page, click Revert to Windows 10 Pro.

Figure 15 - Revert to Windows 10 Pro

Revert to Windows 10 Pro

You will be asked if you're sure that you want to turn off automatic switches to Windows 10 Pro Education. Click Yes.

Click Close in the Success page.

All global admins get a confirmation email that a request was made to roll back your organization to Windows 10 Pro. If you, or another global admin, decide later that you want to turn on automatic switches again, you can do this by selecting Switch to Windows
    10 Pro Education for free from the Manage > Benefits in the Microsoft Store for Education.

See screenshot:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/education/wind...

Andre Da Costa, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

1. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro? - Similar Threads - Switch Education Home

2. activation error switching from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation error switching from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education: Windows 10 Home came pre-installed on my laptop.I recently downloaded Windows 10 Education from the university I attend.The W10 Education would not activate - stated invalid keyNow my original W10 Home is kicking an error that the activation key is invalid.Any ideas how to...
  3. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11: So a bit of an odd situation for me.When I last built my desktop I installed Windows 10 Education because I am a student at Pitt. As such the primary user/administrator account was somewhat connected to Pitt's system as I basically used my pitt email and stuff and ran kinda...
  4. Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Having used Windows versions for many years and Windows 10 since it was first introduced I recently decided to purchase a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. Apart from the delight in having newer faster hardware, my main interest was improving my data privacy and security. I...
  5. Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home/Pro

Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home/Pro: I currently have Windows 10 Education installed on my computer. Is there an easy way to legally switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro without buying a new product key?...
  6. Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: My son bought a home built computer from someone that had Windows 10 education / student on it and the license expired. He switched version to Windows Pro that it is no longer active. He bought Windows 10 home and now gets invalid license code....
  7. Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME: I purchased Windows 10 HOME and want to install in on my pc but PRO is listed but I only have product key for HOME. I have tried everything I have seen online to make the change and nothing is working. Help!...
  8. Switching from an education account to a pro account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from an education account to a pro account: Hello, I've been using my student address to have Windows 10 education on my pc, my student address will soon expire and I would like to switch the address to my own outlook address but there are no option in my account to switch a local account... Any idea what can I do ?...
  9. Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro

Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro: I've recently bought a notebook which came with Windows 10 Home. In my Microsoft device list, I also have an inactive Windows 10 Pro licence from another notebook which I wiped and installed linux over. Can I use that inactive (not marked as so, though) licence and add it...
  10. How to switch from win 10 education to windows 10 pro

How to switch from win 10 education to windows 10 pro: Ok so this is my problem. I got the Windows 10 installer media from microsoft site. The problem is that the site gave me windows 10 education and not windows 10 pro ! I want to ask if there is a way to "switch" from education to windows 10 pro ? I have a legally bought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. can i change from education to pro

3. change windows 10 pro éducation to simple windows

4. my os had education pro but no home edition for win10