Windows 10: Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11

Discus and support Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So a bit of an odd situation for me.When I last built my desktop I installed Windows 10 Education because I am a student at Pitt. As such the primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trajectory989, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11

So a bit of an odd situation for me.When I last built my desktop I installed Windows 10 Education because I am a student at Pitt. As such the primary user/administrator account was somewhat connected to Pitt's system as I basically used my pitt email and stuff and ran kinda just used it. I pretty much didn't mind at the time so I did not feel like changing it to typical Windows 10 Pro despite the fact that I do have a personal copy of it.Update to today. I am interested in figuring out if my system will be able to use Windows 11. When I run the PC health checker it says it cannot say because

:)

Trajectory989, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

I've added Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) 'client combined single language' ESDs and decryptor to the op.

Client Combined Single Language includes:
    Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Home Single Language, Windows 10 Education

Drone, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11

1. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Switch Education Pro

2. Want to change From Windows 10 Pro education To Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to change From Windows 10 Pro education To Windows 11 Pro?: I just bought a Asus notebook couple weeks ago and it came with Windows 10 Pro Education. i wast to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro only. Will this cost me anything?Thanks...
  3. Want to change From Windows 10 Pro education To Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to change From Windows 10 Pro education To Windows 11 Pro?: I just bought a Asus notebook couple weeks ago and it came with Windows 10 Pro Education. i wast to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro only. Will this cost me anything?Thanks...
  4. upgrading from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro: I was upgradin my windows 7 64-bit to windows 10 64-bit. But when i downloaded the media creation file it downloaded windows 10 education instead of windows 10 pro. Can you give me a file that is MediaCreationTool for windows 10 pro? U can contact me at: +381655263945 or...
  5. Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro: Hey all, I built a PC recently and used Microsoft's USB installation media from my old PC to use with my new one. For some reason, my Windows 10 won't activate. I have the keys from the last PC and it simply won't work and I want to get rid of the watermark and be able to...
  6. changing from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro: i recently installed windows 10 education on my laptop and would like to change to windows 10 pro. is it possible to change without necessarily formatting my computer and installing again?...
  7. From windows 10 education to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    From windows 10 education to pro: How can i upgrade my windows 10 education edition to pro edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-windows-10-education-to-pro/d680e817-c780-4ef1-a257-fc1b2e0eeedb
  8. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?: So I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad off eBay from a reputable seller, and it arrived today. It was advertised as having Windows 10 Pro on it, but actually came loaded with Windows 10 Education! It doesn't help matters that the CoA on the bottom of the laptop is for Windows 7 Pro....
  9. Switch from Windows 10 education edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch from Windows 10 education edition: When I bought my PC, it was running windows 10 pro, and I've had it for a couple years now, and I have had to sign into my Microsoft account for school, but I never changed my operating system. Recently, I noticed that my PC was running Windows 10 education edition. Why did...
  10. How to switch from win 10 education to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to switch from win 10 education to windows 10 pro: Ok so this is my problem. I got the Windows 10 installer media from microsoft site. The problem is that the site gave me windows 10 education and not windows 10 pro ! I want to ask if there is a way to "switch" from education to windows 10 pro ? I have a legally bought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows 10 edition education to pro

2. windows 10 accidentally installed as education