Windows 10: Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

Discus and support Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 HOME and want to install in on my pc but PRO is listed but I only have product key for HOME. I have tried everything I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SilentLyrik, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

I purchased Windows 10 HOME and want to install in on my pc but PRO is listed but I only have product key for HOME. I have tried everything I have seen online to make the change and nothing is working. Help!

:)

SilentLyrik, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

1. Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME - Similar Threads - Switch PRO HOME

2. Switch possible from Windows 10 Pro to 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switch possible from Windows 10 Pro to 10 Home edition?: I need to upgrade or replace my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro, as it's short of RAM. If I kept my PC, could I downsize from Pro to the Home edition? If I bought a new PC with the Home edition, could I keep my existing MS account or would I need a new licence?...
  3. Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro: I installed Windows 10 Home without a license to get my machine going, but have a Full windows 10 Pro product key to use not an upgrade and want to switch to that without having to reinstall Windows. I know you can go Home -> Pro without a reinstall, but can't figure this...
  4. Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Having used Windows versions for many years and Windows 10 since it was first introduced I recently decided to purchase a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. Apart from the delight in having newer faster hardware, my main interest was improving my data privacy and security. I...
  5. Switching Windows 10 Home and Pro

Switching Windows 10 Home and Pro: Hi, I had windows 10 Pro on PC1 and windows 10 Home on PC2. I needed to switch Home and Pro between PC1 and PC2 i.e PC1 to have Home and PC2 to have Pro. I created Windows 10 Home USB flash bootable drive from PC2. Installed Windows 10 Home on PC1 from USB drive. I had...
  6. Windows 10 home and pro switch???

Windows 10 home and pro switch???: I have a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10 pro on it that is on its last legs because of major physical abuse. So I just bought a new Surface pro 7 and that has Windows 10 home on it. What I would like to know is can I swap the licenses on the two and put pro an the new one and...
  7. Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: My son bought a home built computer from someone that had Windows 10 education / student on it and the license expired. He switched version to Windows Pro that it is no longer active. He bought Windows 10 home and now gets invalid license code....
  8. Switch Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi! If I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional - will I lose all of my saved passwords in Chrome? I am upgrading in order to get Outlook. Do I even have to upgrade? Every time I try to use Outlook, it's an hour lost and I'm back where I've started and I've been told...
  9. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?: So I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad off eBay from a reputable seller, and it arrived today. It was advertised as having Windows 10 Pro on it, but actually came loaded with Windows 10 Education! It doesn't help matters that the CoA on the bottom of the laptop is for Windows 7 Pro....
  10. Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro

Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro: I've recently bought a notebook which came with Windows 10 Home. In my Microsoft device list, I also have an inactive Windows 10 Pro licence from another notebook which I wiped and installed linux over. Can I use that inactive (not marked as so, though) licence and add it...