Windows 10: Switch laptops between desktops?

Discus and support Switch laptops between desktops? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured. Now I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by morski47pas, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Switch laptops between desktops?

With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured.

Now I have the problem that if I start an application in Desktop 1 (e.g. Discord) and then swap to Desktop 2 before Discord has fully started, it opens on Desktop 2.

To my question: Is there a way that I can move the application (in this case Discord) back to Desktop 1 without having to close and restart it?

Many thanks in advance

:)

morski47pas, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jun 15, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 15, 2020
  4. suraswami Win User

Switch laptops between desktops?

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Switch laptops between desktops?

1. Switch laptops between desktops? - Similar Threads - Switch laptops between

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  5. switching licenses between two laptops

switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  6. Windows Multiple Desktops - Automatically Switching Between Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Multiple Desktops - Automatically Switching Between Desktops: Hey All,Does anyone know how to stop Windows from automatically switching desktops? This happens when I have an application open on one desktop while I try to open a file for that same application on another desktop. For instance, having one excel spreadsheet open on "Desktop...
  7. Windows Multiple Desktops - Automatically Switching Between Desktops

Windows Multiple Desktops - Automatically Switching Between Desktops: Hey All,Does anyone know how to stop Windows from automatically switching desktops? This happens when I have an application open on one desktop while I try to open a file for that same application on another desktop. For instance, having one excel spreadsheet open on "Desktop...
  8. Windows Multiple Desktops - Automatically Switching Between Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop: Hi, I have to manually change modes between Tablet and Desktop, even though the settings are to "switch and don't ask". Nothing happens when I plug in the dock, other than the usual USB sounds for devices connecting. Is there some other setting I have missed?...
  10. Quick switch between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick switch between virtual desktops: There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a...