Windows 10: Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro

Discus and support Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've recently bought a notebook which came with Windows 10 Home. In my Microsoft device list, I also have an inactive Windows 10 Pro licence from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dsv2393, Jul 16, 2019.

1. dsv2393 Win User

Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro

I've recently bought a notebook which came with Windows 10 Home. In my Microsoft device list, I also have an inactive Windows 10 Pro licence from another notebook which I wiped and installed linux over.

Can I use that inactive (not marked as so, though) licence and add it to this notebook, while still keeping the Home edition license as a backup or for another notebook?

:)

dsv2393, Jul 16, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Switch licenses Home

2. Switch from windows 10 ltsc to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch from windows 10 ltsc to pro: Hello, I have a pc with windows 10 ltsc and I want to change to pro, how can i do that? (I can't do that from settings) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-from-windows-10-ltsc-to-pro/4f9c21e7-2381-4899-b956-4552b36b0f7b
  3. Upgrade license ownership - Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade license ownership - Windows 10 Home to Pro: We have multiple company (~10) computers that were bought and brought into use with Windows 10 Home. I have been upgrading them to Windows 10 Pro (to allow them to be joined to the Azure AD) via the windows store as it appeared to be the cheapest solution that we could be...
  4. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  5. Windows 10 from home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 from home to Pro: Hello, I had windows 10 home on my system for some time, then I purchased pro through the Microsoft store, I was trying to activate it, but I can't find a key nor a license for pro. my email only has the purchase id but doesn't provide a digital license nor a product key...
  6. Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key): I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home, which came installed on my HP Omen 15 But, return this error: The last product key (ID: xxxx) you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows (0x803FA067) Does this mean that the key that I previously bought and used on another...
  7. Change the Windows 10 license with License Switch

in Windows 10 News
    Change the Windows 10 license with License Switch: License Switch is a free portable software program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to change the license of the system to another one. While it is quite easy to switch from one edition of Windows 10 to another using built-in tools -- all you have to do is run...
  8. Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license

Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since release, upgraded from a Windows 8.1 Pro retail license (I believe I still have the original packaging somewhere). Today an "Activate Windows" notice popped up on my screen, and the activation troubleshooter informs me that I have a...
  9. Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license

Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license: Hello. I've recently bought a new laptop to replace a stolen one. The new laptop unfortunately comes with Windows 10 Home, and to enable disk encryption I'd need a Pro licence. In the stolen laptop, I had a full price retail Windows 8 licence, later upgraded to 8.1 and 10...
  10. How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?

How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?: Hi all, I own 2 notebooks: The first one (the older one), with the following upgrade history: Windows 7 OEM -> Upgraded to Windows 8.1 PRO with a bought and legitimate license -> Upgraded to Windows 10 PRO with free Micorsoft upgrade. The second one (the new one),...