Windows 10: switch microsoft account used to log into computer

Discus and support switch microsoft account used to log into computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i need to switch or change the microsoft account used to log into my computer. i do not have a link to log into a local account instead and i cannot... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Suzzy, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Suzzy Win User

switch microsoft account used to log into computer

i need to switch or change the microsoft account used to log into my computer. i do not have a link to log into a local account instead and i cannot remove the account currently being used to log into the computer. what do i do?

:)

Suzzy, Sep 16, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 16, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

1. switch microsoft account used to log into computer - Similar Threads - switch microsoft account

2. The Event log looks like many are logging into my computer using my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Event log looks like many are logging into my computer using my Microsoft account.: I change the Microsoft password, the Admin Password and the User Password and the event log looks like 5 people logged on today after me. I can tell there is a log on problem because when I believe they hack my computer when I turn on Windows the Splash screen does not ask me...
  3. The Event log looks like many are logging into my computer using my Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Event log looks like many are logging into my computer using my Microsoft account.: I change the Microsoft password, the Admin Password and the User Password and the event log looks like 5 people logged on today after me. I can tell there is a log on problem because when I believe they hack my computer when I turn on Windows the Splash screen does not ask me...
  4. Can't log computer into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log computer into Microsoft account: I can't get my ASUS laptop logged in to my Microsoft account. I eventually get a "Something went wrong" sign. I can log into my Microsoft account on line, and connect my computer to my OneDrive, but I can't log in to get my computer out of S mode.I have Office 365 installed,...
  5. Can't log computer into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log computer into Microsoft account: I can't get my ASUS laptop logged in to my Microsoft account. I eventually get a "Something went wrong" sign. I can log into my Microsoft account on line, and connect my computer to my OneDrive, but I can't log in to get my computer out of S mode.I have Office 365 installed,...
  6. Can't log computer into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,: hi I was wondering if it's possible to switch what Microsoft account i use on my windows desktop account as i don't want to go through the pain of losing all my files and having to reinstall all my steam games. also will my windows key activated on this pc but also...
  8. Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store: I'm in a corporate environment, and am trying to figure out how I can block users from using their personal Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store. As it is now, users can get around any restrictions I put on the Store by just logging in with their personal...
  9. Computer keeps logging in to microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer keeps logging in to microsoft account: Hello everyone. So I've had this issue for a while now. I worked in a company where I got asigned a laptop. In this laptop I logged in to my microsoft account. When I left that laptop, I tried erasing every trail of my information and my Microsoft account. But now in my...
  10. Unable to log in to Microsoft account on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in to Microsoft account on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch: [ATTACH][ATTACH]My account use to work until it automatically logged me out of it one day and when I tried to get back in I would always get the same information back each time. My phone says it connected successfully and two seconds later my switch says it has failed??? I...