Windows 10: Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows?

Discus and support Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors, which is annoying, because when I switch on the monitor and when I wake up from standby mode, only 1 monitor is on and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smey02, Aug 9, 2020.

1. smey02 Win User

Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows?

I have 2 monitors, which is annoying, because when I switch on the monitor and when I wake up from standby mode, only 1 monitor is on and I have to switch on the second monitor myself.

Does anyone know of a way to have both monitors on at the same time?

Thanks again

:)

smey02, Aug 9, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 9, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 9, 2020
  4. pizza.dan Win User

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows? - Similar Threads - Switch monitors simultaneously

2. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  3. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  4. Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously: I am using a surface pro with video capture software, I am looking to have 2 people use separate headsets to speak for the video. When I go to my input settings it only allows me to select one. Is this possible to do?...
  5. Signing in 2 accounts simultaneously

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in 2 accounts simultaneously: Hi,I was required to create two local accounts on my PC Windows 10. My question is: Can I be signed in both local accounts simultaneously? Can I work on my PC using one local account, while still having programs running on the second local account please? I wish to avoid...
  6. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2: I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to see a mirror of it on monitor 1 without swapping 1 and 2. i do not want the customer facing monitor 2 to show my desk top....
  7. Ways of working on 2 documents simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ways of working on 2 documents simultaneously?: Two tabs of a browser simultaneously opened - is that possible ? So that one tab takes up half the screen, and the other half the other ? Or is it possible to have a document open that doesnt vanish into the lower bar whenever I click on something in the browser ? I would...
  8. Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching which monitor is 1 or 2: I would like to switch which monitor is 1 or 2 in a dual monitor setup. I realize I can select which monitor is my default monitor but this is not sufficient. When I use windows key+P If I choose "computer monitor" it does not go to my default monitor. The other issue is,...
  9. Using (2) Displays simultaneously

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using (2) Displays simultaneously: I have (2) Displays - One big monitor and One on my laptop. Is there a way to bring up an Excel Spreadsheet on one and a download from my online class on the other?...
  10. Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?: Could you Boot 2 Operating Systems at the same time on different monitors? This would practically mean 2 computers running off the same tower but is it possible? LinusTechTips posted a video about this ([MEDIA]) but I don't want to run it as a server, just 2 machines not 3...