Windows 10: Switch On Anomaly

Discus and support Switch On Anomaly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7010MT desktop pc with Windows 10 Pro ver 1909 installed which is working well.There is a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by A Gray, Jul 16, 2020.

1. A Gray Win User

Switch On Anomaly

I have recently purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7010MT desktop pc with Windows 10 Pro ver 1909 installed which is working well.There is a very odd feature however, on startup I switch on the power at the mains socket and immediatly the switch on the start button on the front of the tower lights up and there is the sound of the fans starting. This lasts for a second or two and then all goes dead. If I then press the start button the computer starts normally. Now this is not a serious problem, only a minor nuisance, but I would like to get get rid of it if possible without compromising the computer, anyone got any ideas?

:)

A Gray, Jul 16, 2020

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 16, 2020
  4. avi12641 Win User

Switch On Anomaly

Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Switch On Anomaly

1. Switch On Anomaly - Similar Threads - Switch Anomaly

2. Switching Accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Switching Accounts: Hi all, I have 3 E-Mail accounts and sometimes I dont want to use the same Account to reply. If I just click on Reply it will use the same account on that it came in. is there a way to switch to a differed account? BTW, I am using Mail not outlook. in WLM it was possible to...
  3. How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro: Hi, have a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 Pro operating system. When I get the message from Microsoft that an update is available, I go through the routine, but the update never installs because it's a Windows 10 update, not a Windows 10 Pro update. I do not think...
  4. So on my old laptop I had a built in function that switched between using the laptop f1, f2...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So on my old laptop I had a built in function that switched between using the laptop f1, f2...: The title says it all honestly, but I have to put something here so here ya go mods. submitted by /u/Gulle_Gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9tcre/so_on_my_old_laptop_i_had_a_built_in_function/
  5. Need help switching to a new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help switching to a new SSD: I have a HDD and I just got a SSD and I'm trying to switch. I tried using Macrium to clone my previous hard drive, but it failed and told me to run "chkdsk C: /r" in cmd, so I did. I restarted my pc and after about 40 mins I got BSoD. I restarted again and the repair was...
  6. Switching from MS 365 to MS 365 Personal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from MS 365 to MS 365 Personal: I purchased MS 365 on July 19 2020, but just discovered it has not downloaded to my laptop Still running Win 10. Is it possible to switch to MS 365 Personal, which is better suited for my needs?...
  7. Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching out of S mode in Windows 10: I was advised that I could switch out of S mode in Windows 10 to Home or Pro without any additional charges. I've switched out of S to Home but it's telling me I need to pay £119.99 to upgrade to Pro. How can I upgrade this?...
  8. PCIE USB 3 not loading when switching on pc...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCIE USB 3 not loading when switching on pc...?: I have installed a Usb 3 pcie card which works fine, BUT! whenever I switch off my pc and switch back on several days later I have to re boot several times for it to show up and work on my pc. Drivers are up to date and Bios up to date. Does anyone have an idea as to why it...
  9. Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu: This started happening from a major update around april-may quarantine time: In the login screen, only the last user account used is visible, and the buttons for switching to the other accounts are not there. Also, in the Start menu, when I clic on the profile picture, the...
  10. Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things: When I try to restart my laptop it keeps glitching up like it’s being stuck upwards submitted by /u/JF9145600_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9kfn3/windows_search_bar_and_side_settings_keeps/