Windows 10: Switch out of S mode

Discus and support Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought new laptop on 25 May 24....have tried 5 switch out of S mode according to threads and posts...same message.... SOMETHING HAPPENED AND WE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by me2 mine, May 26, 2024.

1. me2 mine Win User

Switch out of S mode

Bought new laptop on 25 May 24....have tried 5 switch out of S mode according to threads and posts...same message.... SOMETHING HAPPENED AND WE COULDN'T START THE UPGRADE.Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated

:)

me2 mine, May 26, 2024

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 26, 2024
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, May 26, 2024
  4. ps4rh Win User

Switch out of S mode

Explicit tablet mode switch

Can we get an explicit tablet mode switch inWindows 11?

Here's the use case:

• Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstances
      • For example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC (like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc) and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard back
      • It's also selected if you detach (not fold back) the keyboard on a Surface or similar tablet PC
    • Under Win10, this would autoselect tablet mode, same as Win11: the system would note the sensor input and change modes
      • The task bar changes to autohide, the Start menu changes to fullscreen (Win10), button and menus change to become larger and less dense
        • The mode change from desktop<>tablet also provides hints from the OS to other applications to, eg reduce control density:
          • Web pages can change layout
          • Office applications reduce options and space out controls
          • Context menus are more widely space
          • Etc.
      • The difference in Win10 is the ability to explicitly switch to/from tablet mode; Win11 doesn't offer an explicit switch at all
      • This does make sense in general: Windows thinks you don't have a precision input device available, and changes modes and offers hints to compensate. This is normally good behaviour
    • However, it's common to "tent" a 2-in-1 and use a desktop keyboard and mouse
      • In this situation (keyboard & mouse) the user does not likely want tablet mode: they want a more dense screen layout, the non-auto-hide taskbar, and they don't want applications to use the tablet-mode hints from the OS
      • In Win10, this would mean you can switch off tablet mode: problem solved!
      • In Windows 11, there's no way to do this
        • There's no quick setting, like Win10 has, which would be ideal
        • There's not even an explict control panel setting to turn off
    • There are unhelpful suggestions in the help system and in forums, suggesting the user turn off auto-rotate
      • When tenting a 2-in-1, we still want the screen to rotate.
      • What we want is to have the operating system continue to work as if there's a precision input device connected
    It's good design to have the system try to select the mode based on conditions, but it's bad to not allow the user to override it.

Suggestions:

• Add an explicit switch, ideally in quick settings, like Windows 10 had
      • This has the added bonus of helping with tablets like, eg, the HP X2, which aren't great at detecting when the keyboard is folded and take input when they shouldn't.
    • Add a control panel option to disable/enable tablet mode. This isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing
    • Disable touch mode based when "tenting" if a precision input device (a mouse or keyboard) is available;
      • This isn't ideal, either, but it at least solves the tenting issue for tablet PCs
    ETA: here's another minor irritant: in tablet mode, pressing the Windows key on the keyboard to pull up the Start menu doesn't work. If you have a Bluetooth-connected keyboard, this breaks a UI convention that's been in-place since Win95.

<Changed to a question>

ps4rh, May 26, 2024
Thema:

Switch out of S mode

1. Switch out of S mode - Similar Threads - Switch mode

2. Can’t switch out of s mode followed all online answers but still can’t resolve issue need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t switch out of s mode followed all online answers but still can’t resolve issue need...: Can’t get Laptop out of s mode tried all online advice I could find still can’t resolve issue please can someone call me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-out-of-s-mode-followed-all-online/f7ece3c8-6c72-4108-aad8-0a86fc964878
  3. Can’t switch out of s mode followed all online answers but still can’t resolve issue need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t switch out of s mode followed all online answers but still can’t resolve issue need...: Can’t get Laptop out of s mode tried all online advice I could find still can’t resolve issue please can someone call me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-out-of-s-mode-followed-all-online/f7ece3c8-6c72-4108-aad8-0a86fc964878
  4. Switch out of S mode - Something happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch out of S mode - Something happened: I am trying to switch out of S mode, when I do this on the Microsoft store I get the message “Something happened and we couldn’t start the upgrade “Does anyone know what happened?How do I start the upgrade...
  5. Switch out of S mode - Something happened

Switch out of S mode - Something happened: I am trying to switch out of S mode, when I do this on the Microsoft store I get the message “Something happened and we couldn’t start the upgrade “Does anyone know what happened?How do I start the upgrade...
  6. Why can’t I switch out of S mode!?!?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I switch out of S mode!?!?!?: Why can’t i switch out of S mode on my Windows 11? I bought this laptop today and i’ve updated everything there is to update, i’ve restarted the computer itself, i’m on the Administrative account, i’ve tried 3 separate different wi-fi’s…? Settings, Activation, Go to store,...
  7. Why can’t I switch out of S mode!?!?!?

Why can’t I switch out of S mode!?!?!?: Why can’t i switch out of S mode on my Windows 11? I bought this laptop today and i’ve updated everything there is to update, i’ve restarted the computer itself, i’m on the Administrative account, i’ve tried 3 separate different wi-fi’s…? Settings, Activation, Go to store,...
  8. Bug Report: Snipping Tool Malfunction When Switching Display Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Snipping Tool Malfunction When Switching Display Mode: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I would like to report an issue with the Snipping Tool. Whenever my system switches the display mode from Integrated Graphics to Nvidia GPU only, the Snipping Tool stops working automatically. This problem is consistently reproducible and disrupts...
  9. Bug Report: Snipping Tool Malfunction When Switching Display Mode

Bug Report: Snipping Tool Malfunction When Switching Display Mode: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I would like to report an issue with the Snipping Tool. Whenever my system switches the display mode from Integrated Graphics to Nvidia GPU only, the Snipping Tool stops working automatically. This problem is consistently reproducible and disrupts...
  10. I need help everyone I try and switch out of a mode says something went wrong on you’re end...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need help everyone I try and switch out of a mode says something went wrong on you’re end...: I need help anytime I try and switch out of S mode says something went wrong on you’re end and I’ve tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-everyone-i-try-and-switch-out-of-a/f9cbb330-6760-4e2e-9402-22af99abd0b8