Windows 10: SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE

Discus and support SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just bought a new Lenova Laptop and need to access Google Chrome to run Fusion 360 I cannot switch out of S Mode it comes up with the following,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoshAherne, Sep 18, 2020.

1. SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE

I have just bought a new Lenova Laptop and need to access Google Chrome to run Fusion 360 I cannot switch out of S Mode it comes up with the following, clearly I am the IT/System Administrator as this is my laptop:

SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE e5d0bf75-c418-4044-8862-607546f00482?upload=true.png

It then tells me to update Microsoft Store which I have done, I have made sure all updates have been completed; I have been on the FAQs which only seem to be for America and tried all ways - please can you tell me how to get out of S Mode as otherwise this laptop was a waste as I cannot use it to do my college work?

SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE bab5b531-cc09-4f06-9f2d-c0b838740ab4?upload=true.png

I have been trying for 3 days and when I go through settings - update & security - applications it comes up with:

SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE 6b603aca-6d82-4b3e-af62-3c453cddbde2?upload=true.png

I am not willing to pay £119.99 to but something I don't have - I don't have a Windows 10 Product Key as this is again a brand new Laptop and I can access all the Office 365 through my college account.

Surely S Mode should be something you choose to use not have it forced upon you.

Many thanks

:)

JoshAherne, Sep 18, 2020

2. Switching out of Smode

I appreciate the reply but neither of those worked it said the product key worked but didn't remove smode

kierancarnes, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Switching out of Smode

Hi im trying to switch out of smode so I can finally run 3rd party apps. And when I try to do it via the store it ask me if I saved everything, I hit yes, and then it says working on it. I've let it run for about 2 hours maybe and no other prompts will
    show it. Is there anything I ca do? I tried restarting, and resetting the app.

kierancarnes, Sep 18, 2020
  4. SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE

Stream 11 SMode Disable

Hello,

We’d like to know if we disable the SMode from our Stream 11, will we still be able to download and use Minecraft and Roblox with SMode disabled?

Many thanks,

Ofelia

OfeliaVazquez, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE

1. SWITCH OUT OF S SMODE - Similar Threads - SWITCH SMODE

2. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  3. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  4. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  5. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  6. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  7. switch from smode to windowshome10 i do not see get button all i see in microsoft store is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switch from smode to windowshome10 i do not see get button all i see in microsoft store is...: do not have get button went microsoft store all it said was buy$169 when i wanted to get outof smode ,even my product key did not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-from-smode-to-windowshome10-i-do-not-see/ab63a97d-b0c7-4f72-b0b9-19fca9da6065
  8. Switch out of Smode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switch out of Smode: Hello I need to switch my computer out of S mode so that I can download a testing app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-out-of-smode/2b4ce3e9-46d2-4a28-a551-ccaa6c507a89
  9. I want to switch out of Smode. Cannot follow the directions, when I go to Settings, I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to switch out of Smode. Cannot follow the directions, when I go to Settings, I...: I cannot find a way to opt out of S mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-switch-out-of-smode-cannot-follow-the/5842afe3-b078-435d-a5e3-c1b77b6d7905
  10. i have windows 10 in Smode want to switch out of Smode into regular win.10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i have windows 10 in Smode want to switch out of Smode into regular win.10: I have windows 10 in S mode. want to switch out of S mode into regular win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-in-smode-want-to-switch-out-of/0f55399f-a4d6-4c79-a79e-a667f7faeb7f