Windows 10: Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

Discus and support Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My son's computer was originally set up with a family gmail address. That was our family MS acct as well. That gmail acct is now dead. We set up a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JRHaole, May 15, 2020.

1. JRHaole Win User

Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

My son's computer was originally set up with a family gmail address. That was our family MS acct as well.

That gmail acct is now dead.

We set up a new outlook email as the family email.

I have added the new @outlook acct to his Windows profile under Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts.

However, when I go to delete the dead @gmail acct from his profile under the Emails & Accounts, all it says is "manage." The @outlook acct listed there says both "manage" and "remove."

How do I get it so the @gmail acct can be removed from the profile and the @outlook can be the main one tied to this profile?

I do not want to make a separate login and have him have to set everything up all over again

Thank you.

:)

JRHaole, May 15, 2020

2. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 15, 2020
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 15, 2020
  4. Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

After November update, unable to logon to primary accout with error: "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Hi Nack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

You have to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and provide the primary Email ID to that user account.

I suggest you to follow these steps and check:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

a. Press “Windows key +W”.

b. Type “users” without quotes in the search box.

c. Then select “Users” from the left panel.

d. You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.

e. Select “Switch to a local account” option.

f. Enter the required details.

g. Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

a. Press “Windows key +W”.

b. Type “users” without quotes in the search box.

c. Then select “Users” from the left panel.

d. Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.

e. Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).

f. Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

1. Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile - Similar Threads - Switch Primary Email

2. Change primary Email on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary Email on Windows: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  3. Change primary Email on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change primary Email on Windows: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  4. Obsolete Primary Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obsolete Primary Email: I originally created my Microsoft account many, many years ago using my current email address which was through sympatico.ca. When I cancelled my services with Sympatico, I provided an alternate email address the one I still use. However, every time I have to authenticate or...
  5. Obsolete Primary Email

Obsolete Primary Email: I originally created my Microsoft account many, many years ago using my current email address which was through sympatico.ca. When I cancelled my services with Sympatico, I provided an alternate email address the one I still use. However, every time I have to authenticate or...
  6. Wrong Primary Email

Wrong Primary Email: I'm on windows 10 and it's not allowing me into certain apps because of admin, well I checked and it turned out that a family members email somehow became the admin email of my microsoft account, however when I go to change it the website says only my email is connected,...
  7. Wrong Primary Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Primary Email: I'm on windows 10 and it's not allowing me into certain apps because of admin, well I checked and it turned out that a family members email somehow became the admin email of my microsoft account, however when I go to change it the website says only my email is connected,...
  8. Primary Email Address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary Email Address: I'm having some trouble changing my laptop's primary email address. My previous primary address was my mom's old address and it got hacked so I decided to change my laptop's primary address altogether. So, I made a new Outlook email but for some odd reason, the status of my...
  9. Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10: Hello Team, A friend of mine came by and we purchased an app from the Microsoft store from my desktop computer running Windows 10 pro, he asked me to login on his account so we can use his payment method. Ever since then, I noticed that his email address shows as the...
  10. change primary email adress in Account profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change primary email adress in Account profile: I changed isp provider a few days ago and my old email address is no longer valid. I simply need to change the email address associated with my Microsoft acccount but under manage my account there doesn't seem to be any means to allow that. Can you help?...