Windows 10: Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

Discus and support Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My son's computer was originally set up with a family gmail address. That was our family MS acct as well. That gmail acct is now dead. We set up a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JRHaole, May 15, 2020.

1. JRHaole Win User

Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

My son's computer was originally set up with a family gmail address. That was our family MS acct as well.

That gmail acct is now dead.

We set up a new outlook email as the family email.

I have added the new @outlook acct to his Windows profile under Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts.

However, when I go to delete the dead @gmail acct from his profile under the Emails & Accounts, all it says is "manage." The @outlook acct listed there says both "manage" and "remove."

How do I get it so the @gmail acct can be removed from the profile and the @outlook can be the main one tied to this profile?

I do not want to make a separate login and have him have to set everything up all over again

Thank you.

:)

JRHaole, May 15, 2020

2. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 15, 2020
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 15, 2020
  4. Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

After November update, unable to logon to primary accout with error: "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Hi Nack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

You have to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and provide the primary Email ID to that user account.

I suggest you to follow these steps and check:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

a. Press “Windows key +W”.

b. Type “users” without quotes in the search box.

c. Then select “Users” from the left panel.

d. You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.

e. Select “Switch to a local account” option.

f. Enter the required details.

g. Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

a. Press “Windows key +W”.

b. Type “users” without quotes in the search box.

c. Then select “Users” from the left panel.

d. Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.

e. Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).

f. Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile

1. Switch Primary Email on Windows Profile - Similar Threads - Switch Primary Email

2. Cant switch the primary download drive for apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant switch the primary download drive for apps: I just bought xbox gamepass for pc, and to switch the drive to download games in to D: from C: i have to go into settings. When i try to switch it there it says error code 0x80070005. Any way to fix this?...
  3. Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail": I have encountered a problem where my primary email account will not receive any messages in the "Mail" application. The secondary Account does not have this problem nor does Outlook for both my accounts. I prefer to use "Mail" for the day to day checking and sending emails....
  4. Windows keeps switching to different colour profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps switching to different colour profile: Hi. For some time now my display colours have been looking a little bit off and I finally decided to calibrate them. I completed the calibration and found out that my gamma was set way too high. After fixing that my display looked nice and everything was fine. I then closed...
  5. Windows 10 user profile switched

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profile switched: I have a problem. I did a remote access with the support team to try and figure out how this problem happened. They suggested this forum. We have two computers. One in my office, one in my husbands. Wireless. This am when I went into my computer, my husbands favorites were...
  6. OneDrive account primary email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive account primary email address: I desire to unlink my OneDrive account (and all that goes with it) from the email address provided by my ISP. I already have an @outlook.com email account that I desire to use as the primary address for OneDrive. Eventually I will move away from this state and will have a...
  7. change primary email adress in Account profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change primary email adress in Account profile: I changed isp provider a few days ago and my old email address is no longer valid. I simply need to change the email address associated with my Microsoft acccount but under manage my account there doesn't seem to be any means to allow that. Can you help?...
  8. Switch User Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch User Profiles in Windows 10: Hello all, I might happen to be tech support/customer care remotely......… but trust me when I say that I just created my first gmail in 2014 when I went back to school while in my thirties.....stayed steady only taking one semester off while raising 3 children and 3 part...
  9. Question after switching primary MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question after switching primary MS account: So I recently switched my primary MS account from the email I used originally, to the email I currently use for my Xbox account, so I can link up purchases of media content between my console and PC. I followed the steps laid out in another thread here where I switched to a...
  10. Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?: Hello. There is a lot you can do on commandline / shortcuts on desktop too, and safe some seconds with mouse clicks in startmenu. Shutdown.exe -f -s -t 0 --- shutdown system Shutdown.exe -f -r -t 0 --- restart system (Shutdown Shortcut - Windows 10 Forums) Just...