Windows 10: Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

Discus and support Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mreid72, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mreid72 Win User

Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best.

The default in Edge is for this keyboard shortcut to simply cycle through all the tabs you have open. I have not been able to find any way to change it to switch to the most recent tab. Am I missing something or has this capability been removed? As with my previous post about the drop down list of pages visited with the back and forward buttons, if this is not possible, it will likely be a deal breaker for me. *Sad

Thanks in advance.

:)

mreid72, Jul 29, 2015
  2. aakkam22 Win User

shortcut for switching opened windows in Windows 10

Here are some keyboard shortcuts for switching between tabs in Microsoft Edge.

Ctrl + Tab
    Switch to the next tab

Ctrl + Shift + Tab
    Switch to the previous tab

Ctrl + #
    Switch to a specific tab (where "#" is the tab number

I believe these are also universal; they will work in any browser.

aakkam22, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Alt-Tab in Windows 10

In case you don't see the other posts...

Windows shortcuts:

Switch between programs: Alt-Tab

Switch between windows (or tabs) in the same program: Ctrl-Tab

Switch between sheets in an Excel workbook: Ctrl-PgUp & Ctrl-PgDn

Get to the desktop quickly: Win+D

If you have multiple workbooks (or "spreadsheets") open, use Ctrl-Tab to switch between them.

Roger Sinasohn, Jul 29, 2015
  4. mreid72 Win User

Bumping.

Anybody that can help with this question please?

mreid72, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge - Similar Threads - Switch tab order

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  5. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  6. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Switching between vertical and horizontal tabs will be easier in Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between vertical and horizontal tabs will be easier in Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o24cli/switching_between_vertical_and_horizontal_tabs/
  8. Browser tab switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser tab switching: Now, hopefully this is fine, otherwise let me know where I should post this...and yes I have done a few Google searches to the avail of "this feature is coming!" Etc etc... I finally got the may 2020 update (fresh install with hardware upgraded) in July. Up until then, I was...
  9. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  10. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge: In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best. The default...