Windows 10: Switch the spatial sound with command line

Discus and support Switch the spatial sound with command line in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My device has 2 output methods which is monitor built in sound with DP and a USB headset, but every time I turned on the machine, the spatial sound is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by renren321, Jun 14, 2020.

1. renren321 Win User

Switch the spatial sound with command line

My device has 2 output methods which is monitor built in sound with DP and a USB headset, but every time I turned on the machine, the spatial sound is turned off, I have to turn it to Dolby Atmos manually.

I was wondering is that possible to make a bat or ps1 file so it will turn on automatically when I log in.

Thanks.

:)

renren321, Jun 14, 2020

2. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 14, 2020
  3. boop2951 Win User
    Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Proton26 Win User

Spatial Sound

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for revert.

Things go good till step 3.

But then i get stuck. Attaching the screenshot.

Switch the spatial sound with command line 2b0dc05a-7bce-4d94-b76f-45e633396d03.jpg

How do i do the 5th Step?

Proton26, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Switch the spatial sound with command line - Similar Threads - Switch spatial sound

2. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound: Windows automatically switches my spatial sound to Windows Sonic, usually when I check my audio. It can be annoying because it corrupts audio from recordings and windows switches the spatial sound. Is there any fix for this?...
  3. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound: Windows automatically switches my spatial sound to Windows Sonic, usually when I check my audio. It can be annoying because it corrupts audio from recordings and windows switches the spatial sound. Is there any fix for this?...
  4. Windows Sonic switching Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. spatial sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spatial sound: my spatial sound wont work in settings i cant press the turn on buttom and when i go advanced settings when i turn it on it goes staight back to off i need help becuse this really affects my gamplay becuse i cant hear behind me...
  6. spatial sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spatial sound: my spatial sound wont work in settings i cant press the turn on buttom and when i go advanced settings when i turn it on it goes staight back to off i need help becuse this really affects my gamplay becuse i cant hear behind me...
  7. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  8. Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial Sound: I use Dolby Atmos for spatial sound as it gives me better 3d sound for games. I keep running into an issue however. At least once a day Windows will switch my spatial sound from Dolby Atmos to Off on it's own. I then have to manually change it back to Dolby Atmos. Is there...
  9. Spatial Sound

Spatial Sound: I have been trying to enable spatial sound but my computer won't let me, when I turn it on it instantly changes my spatial sound settings to off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spatial-sound/f84f3c46-e2b6-4db5-875f-d66471f6e91e
  10. Spatial sound

Spatial sound: Hello, I have read how to enable spatial sound, but my only option is off, I know my headphones have spatial sound, but it won't work, can anybody tell me how to turn spatial sound on?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switch to Dolby command line