Windows 10: Switch to and send requests with IPv6: check compatibility?

Discus and support Switch to and send requests with IPv6: check compatibility? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Assume I am sitting in a hotel and want to connect from my local Win10 notebook to a remote web server. The connection should not be "normal" IPv4 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pstein, Apr 1, 2020.

1. pstein Win User

Switch to and send requests with IPv6: check compatibility?

Assume I am sitting in a hotel and want to connect from my local Win10 notebook to a remote web server.
    The connection should not be "normal" IPv4 but IPv6. The remote web server speaks IPv6. Some questions:

1.) Is Win10 out-of-the box able to use IPv6 or do I have to activate it at first (Where?) in WinOS?

2.) How do I find out if the Wifi router is able and willing to accept IPv6 request?
    Is trial and error the only way?

3.) How do I setup an IPv6 connection to this WiFi router?
    All browser traffic should now run over IPv6

4.) Is setting up an IPv6 connection an all-or-nothing decision?
    Or can I run e.g. web traffic from local Firefox browser through IPv6 and web traffic from local Chrome browser through IPv4?

Peter

:)

pstein, Apr 1, 2020
  2. pstein Win User

Assume I am sitting in a hotel and want to connect from my local Win10 notebook to a remote web server.
    The connection should not be "normal" IPv4 but IPv6. The remote web server speaks IPv6. Some questions:

1.) Is Win10 out-of-the box able to use IPv6 or do I have to activate it at first (Where?) in WinOS?

2.) How do I find out if the Wifi router is able and willing to accept IPv6 request?
    Is trial and error the only way?

3.) How do I setup an IPv6 connection to this WiFi router?
    All browser traffic should now run over IPv6

4.) Is setting up an IPv6 connection an all-or-nothing decision?
    Or can I run e.g. web traffic from local Firefox browser through IPv6 and web traffic from local Chrome browser through IPv4?

Peter

pstein, May 25, 2020
  3. The official TPU IPv6 thread

no. does your isp provide you with a router? if so it may be ipv6 compliant. if not, when they switch (which wont be for a long time) then they will send you a router than can handle ipv6. for lan stuff you dont need ipv6.

Easy Rhino, May 25, 2020
  4. chirp Win User

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Switch to and send requests with IPv6: check compatibility? - Similar Threads - Switch send requests

2. IPV6 Compatibility - Government Mandate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPV6 Compatibility - Government Mandate: UCOR is under OMB mandate M-21-07 which requires us to transition to IPv6 only by 2025.1. Does the below software/driver/versions support running on a dual stacked O/S with IPv4 with IPv6?2. Does the below software/driver/versions support running on an IPv6 only O/S?3. If so,...
  3. IPV6 Compatibility - Government Mandate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IPV6 Compatibility - Government Mandate: UCOR is under OMB mandate M-21-07 which requires us to transition to IPv6 only by 2025.1. Does the below software/driver/versions support running on a dual stacked O/S with IPv4 with IPv6?2. Does the below software/driver/versions support running on an IPv6 only O/S?3. If so,...
  4. IPV6 Compatibility - Government Mandate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Check for hardware compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check for hardware compatibility: Hi guys,Can someone tell me how to check whether a particular graphics card will be compatible with a particular motherboard ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-hardware-compatibility/a4c915e7-e307-47e4-a143-ebb038e94065
  6. Check for hardware compatibility

Check for hardware compatibility: Hi guys,Can someone tell me how to check whether a particular graphics card will be compatible with a particular motherboard ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-hardware-compatibility/a4c915e7-e307-47e4-a143-ebb038e94065
  7. Requesting to check Edge

Requesting to check Edge: So, no 'Hi's now. Actually, when I visited some webpages like Community, SharePoint, etc. today morning, I got a backfire from Edge- it showed the error code 'STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION' and I couldn't visit any webpages anymore in that Edge. It's up-to-date, I reset edge to...
  8. Send A Request

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Send A Request: This used to work. It would enable them to send an email and I could remotely give more time. Now child using computer runs out of time so wants more of course, clicks on send request but gets "something went wrong we were unable to send your request. are you connected to...
  9. ifax requesting credit for pages to send

ifax requesting credit for pages to send: I have paid a yearly fee to MS for this service. Why is the program requesting payment for sending pages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ifax-requesting-credit-for-pages-to-send/170d1ccf-f080-49bc-9934-a5eeec286d0f
  10. Disconnected media sends DHCP request!

Disconnected media sends DHCP request!: In an attempt to track down this event: The IP address lease 192.168.1.105 for the Network Card with network address 0x40F02F89E7F7 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). I get this result: >getmac Physical...