Windows 10: Switch To Gmail

Discus and support Switch To Gmail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A friend bought a new PC with W10 on it and I was refreshing myself on the setting up of email on Windows Mail. I somehow lost my contacts in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dekeforty, May 6, 2019.

1. dekeforty Win User

Switch To Gmail

A friend bought a new PC with W10 on it and I was refreshing myself on the setting up of email on Windows Mail. I somehow lost my contacts in the People app and tried to redo it and kept being notified of all the permissions I would have to grant Microsoft to my Google account to carry out this task. When I first set the People app up this wasn't the case. There is a way to set up Gmail to receive all my Comcast email and send out through Gmail appearing to come from my Comcast email accounts.

Would this be a wise decision to use Gmail for this purpose?

:)

dekeforty, May 6, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, May 6, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 6, 2019
  4. Switch To Gmail

Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Switch To Gmail

1. Switch To Gmail - Similar Threads - Switch Gmail

2. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc: Hello. I got the same bsod stop code as Jari. But its acer. I got memory management stop code too. I will say that can you tell me how to fix it? Thank you....
  3. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc: Hello. I got the same bsod stop code as Jari. But its acer. I got memory management stop code too. I will say that can you tell me how to fix it? Thank you....
  4. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  6. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  7. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to switch out of S Mode ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to switch out of S Mode ?: Hello, I brought a new PC and I am unable to switch out of S Mode. I restarted the app, restarted my computer. When I click the "Get" button to deactivate S mode I get an error message to try again. This is incredibly frustrating as I need to download Tableau for a school...
  9. Unable to switch out of S Mode ?

Unable to switch out of S Mode ?: Hello, I brought a new PC and I am unable to switch out of S Mode. I restarted the app, restarted my computer. When I click the "Get" button to deactivate S mode I get an error message to try again. This is incredibly frustrating as I need to download Tableau for a school...
  10. Gmail Log In Switched to Arabic After May 2019 Outlook Update - Login Requiring Permission...

Gmail Log In Switched to Arabic After May 2019 Outlook Update - Login Requiring Permission...: Info: Using HP Pavilion laptop, running Windows 10 and MS Outlook 2019. My Outlook 2019 has never worked well. Sending and receiving email is slower than snail mail, but now... HELP! A box pops up in Arabic (my setting are English) insisting that I log in to my Gmail in...